Polaris ride command (gps)

Bluegrass

How well does the Polaris gps work in Quebec.I am ordering a 2018 Polaris and it comes with it won't to see if anyone had any experience with it.I have the imotoneige17 app on my phone and that works good.The Polaris gps with be built in two the gage. 

Well I hope they are more up to date than their ride command app. I down loaded it to my I phone in January for fun and cause it was free. The latest version for Qc was 2015 and it showed trails in my area the had been closed for over 5 years and missing a new trail that was 2 years old. I emailed their support pointing this out and suggested they look at the fcmq map or I Motoneige. I got a reply back more or less stating they rely on input form different snowmobile clubs for input and / or official advisors and did I want to register to become one? I deleted the app.

• 2 weeks later...

You are not going to be happy with my two word description of the PIDDs GPS function: almost useless. The GPS functions about the same as a $80us Garmin eTrex. As Cnc said, trail maps are provided by clubs willing to participate with Polaris and participation seems to be only popular in the mid-west US states. If you are looking for GPS functions such as trail numbers, intersection numbers, lodging, gas, routing and maybe even turn-by-turn directions, you need to get a Garmin with an add on trail package. 

It's a great gauge but not a great GPS.

Here is the level of trail detail on the PIDD for northern VT and NH:

G2050386.JPG

Not a great picture, but all those green lines on the Garmin are trails.

G4021045.JPG

Here is a better picture of the same area shown on the PIDD in the top picture. This is a Garmin with an add on package.

G093103.JPG

Edited by SnowCrazed