One more dose of handle bar therapy

182ray

I have this twitch in my right thumb that I just get to stop. The doctor has ordered another week of therapy & I am happy to follow the doctors orders by exercising it with the loud handle of my 850.

Ginger & I have been talking about returning to Jackman Maine since it's been a while. We arrive around lunch time Thursday. We check into to Bishop's Motel unload the sleds & we are off to Quebec. This was my first taste of Quebec trails back in '84 and it holds a special place in my heart. The trail hasn't changed much & it's fun to think about all the times I have rode this trail. We go as far as the St Come relais & turn back. We make a small loop using a local trail to a regional trail then back to the 75. The St. Theophile relais is open & we go in for dinner. Wow more memories. Be sure to ask Ginger about the time she had onions on her hot dogs here! Oh and the trails were mint, yes there was some black top & dirt but really I could care less. They are making new carbides & slides as I type this.

Friday we head out to Pittston Farm & then on onto North East Carry. We are happy to see Ed & Shirley & enjoy lunch there. They don't seem to have changed a bit. From there we start back to Jackman. The trails are mint again today. We stop in at Jackman Power Sports to see Dave & Doreen and catch up. We are there at a good time to talk (we're the only ones there) I started buying sleds from Dave the year he took over from the previous owner. He was very service oriented right from day one. He understood people come to ride & would do whatever it took to get you back out on the trail. Once I commented on his vast inventory his was reply was you can't sell it if you don't have it. That evening I text our good friend Tom Swift & sure enough he's on the way. We make plans to meet at Mama Bears for breakfast. Tom introduced Ginger & me to off trail riding & the idea of treading lightly so everyone can enjoy the off trail experience. Today's off trail wannabees could learn a thing or two from Tom.

After breakfast we go south. The trail is different from the last time I rode this area & it's fantastic. We do a little exploring around the Parlin Pond area & decide to go to the top of Coburn Mountain. Ginger hasn't been up before & it's going to be a little challenging towards the top. We reach the summit no problem & enjoy the views. From there we go towards Rockwood then over Long Pond & back to Jackman. We make dinner plans & Ginger & I go back the motel & load up the sleds.

We meet up at the 4 Seasons with Tom & at the next table is Dave & Doreen from JPS. After dinner we join them for some drinks & more reminiscing about old times. We even make plans to meet up with them in Florida next month as they are near were we are in Sarasota.

We all say our goodbyes. We have two more stops on our list, Jackman Hotel & The Northland. We go in to The Hotel first for a drink & conversation with the locals. Then over to the Northland. Here we run into a couple from the last place. A few more drinks & we're having a good time. They are doing Jaeger bombs & want to buy us one but we regretfully decline. We stumble back to room and pass out.

Ok I'm sure by now the purists of this site are thinking hey 182 this is Quebec Rider not Maine Rider...lol. Today we trailer to Universal in RDL. This is Ginger's first time to RDL. We unload here & repack to start our saddlebag trip through BSL and the Gaspesie. The conditions look favorable so we're going to go for it. I'll update as we go.

Our friend Tom is old school and new school all at the same time he wears a leather suit while riding the cutting edge of the cross over sled segment 

the leather suit is pretty cool but what's really impressive is he STILL fits in it !!!IMG_6448.PNG

IMG_6449.PNG

IMG_6451.PNG

IMG_6452.PNG

IMG_6453.PNG

IMG_6454.PNG

IMG_6455.PNG

Edited by 182ray

Wow, you and Ginger certainly soaked up the 'flavor' of the area going to those two bars! Glad the Maine trails welcomed you to smooth riding. RDL and the Gaspe will hopefully be the same. Have fun. Be careful, Ginger might come to really like the Universel.

mike

6 hours ago, mikerider said:

Wow, you and Ginger certainly soaked up the 'flavor' of the area going to those two bars! Glad the Maine trails welcomed you to smooth riding. RDL and the Gaspe will hopefully be the same. Have fun. Be careful, Ginger might come to really like the Universel.

mike

Yes Ginger did soak up the flavor she'll tell she had a "wicked" good time & she parked her sled in the "door yahd"

There's one thing left on the list...Allens Coffe Flavored Brandy...lol

3 minutes ago, 182ray said:

Yes Ginger did soak up the flavor she'll tell she had a "wicked" good time & she parked her sled in the "door yahd"

There's one thing left on the list...Allens Coffe Flavored Brandy...lol

Be careful, most girl's in Maine have the first name of Brandy for a reason.

Take lots of pictures this week. Your friend's Polaris is a sharp looking sled!

If you eat at the Universel, see if Vallarie is waitressing. Usually the bar or first dining room.

41 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Be careful, most girl's in Maine have the first name of Brandy for a reason.

Take lots of pictures this week. Your friend's Polaris is a sharp looking sled!

If you eat at the Universel, see if Vallarie is waitressing. Usually the bar or first dining room.

I think she waited on us last night very pleasant 

Glad to see you two out on one last adventure you lucky folks.  Be careful, Ginger might take a liking to the BAS region.  I hope you told her to bring her swimwear.

Don't forget that MikeRider has a running tab at the bar with Vallerie! :drinks:

Enjoy the ride.

Jack & Sandi

8 hours ago, revct1 said:

Glad to see you two out on one last adventure you lucky folks.  Be careful, Ginger might take a liking to the BAS region.  I hope you told her to bring her swimwear.

Don't forget that MikeRider has a running tab at the bar with Vallerie! :drinks:

Enjoy the ride.

Jack & Sandi

Mikey didn't tell me about his tab...must only tell his friends 😂 

Today's dose of therapy is working!

After a stop at the SD dealership in RDL we were off. 99% of the trails were an 11 out of 10 the remaining 1% were a 10. We passed a total of four sleds going west but that wasn't until after 2pm. 

Tonight we're in Matane at the le Portage part of it is newly renovated & very nice 

Short report tonight as I'm fading fast 

Hey....you guys are really squeezing every last drop out of the snowmobile season! That's awesome.....I unfortunately have already summarized the sled....pulled out the lawnmower....and put the snowblower away for the winter. Have fun and post pictures. My friend and I ran into you and Ginger last February up at the Delta.

4 minutes ago, MXZ700RIDER said:

Hey....you guys are really squeezing every last drop out of the snowmobile season! That's awesome.....I unfortunately have already summarized the sled....pulled out the lawnmower....and put the snowblower away for the winter. Have fun and post pictures. My friend and I ran into you and Ginger last February up at the Delta.

We hope to see you guys next winter 👍

Me too. Glen and I will hopefully make another run up to the Delta....probably in February again. Maybe we can join you and Ginger for a ride around Lake Jean.  That complimentary buffet the Delta put on for us was nice. Have a blast riding.

5 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Enjoy your ride 182, enjoyed reading your adventures and reminiscent ride in our MAINE "Back Yahd"😉.  Have a great ride and keep those great reports coming. RR

I have a feeling we'll be back to jackman more often 👍

When people asked where we were from we said "away" 😂

Edited by 182ray

That is some serious view.....altitude! I am so jealous and wish I was still riding. I didn't realize the snow conditions would still be that good at the end of March. I have heard both good and bad about snow conditions in Gaspe in March...but clearly you have what look to be excellent conditions and it is almost April!

Are these pictures from your phone? If so what App are you using that labels the town with each photo. Does it do it automatically or do you have to enter info your self.

Good reference in the future when reviewing photos

2 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Are these pictures from your phone? If so what App are you using that labels the town with each photo. Does it do it automatically or do you have to enter info your self.

Good reference in the future when reviewing photos

Hi

No app I take a screen shot of the pic then resize it 

Makes a much smaller file and uploads easily