Force's unite tour.

doonali

Team doonali (doonali and limesqueezeaxys) joined up with Phil1,Scranton1, LowRider and Dom on a 6 day Gaspe loop.

The teams arrived in RDL Saturday afternoon the 18th. Unloaded had dinner and beverages took one last look at the weather for the week and decided with the forecasted sunshine that the north shore would be our first leg of the trip.

Sunday 19th. 

The 6-7-8 rule applied this week so up at 6 breakfast at 7 on the trail by 8.. perfect! Saddled the horses and off on the local trail to TQ 5 east. Smooth fast hard base for the morning trail softened up a bit as the sun was shining bright! A smoothTQ 5 all the way to the local orange into Cap-Chat for the night. Two blown belts today and a lost but recovered go-pro.image.thumb.jpg.408128eb066ab70f343b73adc676c472.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.82d33343a217f35b72c0b0934e006468.jpg

Monday-20th

On the white carpet at 8. Back up the local and onto 5 east bright sunshine and smooth sailing for the morning towards Mont-Saint-Pierre. The views are only getting better and better WOW it's beautiful country! Onward on 5 to what doesn't seem so Quebec like quality trails. Rough moguls etc. for 40-60mi. Oh well I'm still smiling I'm on my steed... Take the local into Gaspe for the night.image.thumb.jpg.d88d2214f1421308d8e7006794d2dbfc.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.2c18975ea1331fcbb81e03516d861ae4.jpg

Edited by doonali

Tuesday-21st

Up and at em back up the local to 5. Trails are better this morning that yesterday afternoon. We cruise on 5 down to the local and into Perce and the Rock! The trail in is in great shape compared to past yrs. according to our leaders Phil1 and Scranton1. The weather is great and were able to climb to the top of the mt. for great views and pics!

After taking in the sights off we go back to 5 down to 597n where Scranton1 sets the pace on his 850 for the run to Murdochville and the Hotel Copper for the night. image.thumb.jpg.b166fcdbb74e8c57b64fa5b682c2ddec.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.feda4b881e3e440d1cb7ed1f5df60b6d.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.9df8e7853abc7acb0ff2317b0251a55f.jpg

Edited by doonali

Good report and great pics.  What a museum!  You look at what was the top of the line back in the 60's and now look at what the snowmobile has evolved into.  Wow!  The designers from yesteryear could have never imagined.

Keep the reports coming Doonali.

Jack & Sandi

Wednesday 22nd

After a relaxing night at the Hotel Copper we're back on the white gold. Run up the 597 to the local to La-Cache the trail is in great shape we're  all smiles hammer down!! Get into La Cache fuel and head north on 595 to see the Chic-Chocs close up! After a couple miles we notice the wind picking up more and more with a light snow after 30mi the wind is blowing sideways and it now cloudy with low visibility. We make the call to run south out of the weather as we won't be seeing much for sights in this weather. So back through La Cache and hammer down south on 595. We get into New Richmond for a late lunch and it start snowing like CRAZY we hash over whether or not to continue but as we wrap up lunch the snow slows down and we push on figuring we'll ride to wherever? we end up settling down in Point-a-la Croix for the night.image.thumb.jpg.ae84f9b173147a73a43b53ce6d66bd0b.jpg

Our fearless leaders!! Phil1 and Scranton1image.thumb.jpg.5087fa09a2d078f7bbe83db19d7e46f9.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.f90e7d2c097b6a758c4f3d2b9a801d52.jpg

Thursday 23rd

Wake up to -5f and today's plan is to head to Groomer land. So off on 5 we go on smooth fast hard pack with the scratchers down after 5 mi out my 1200 falls flat on its face! No codes, not hot. So myself and limesqueezeaxys start and evaluation as the others are ahead Makin Trax we quickly discover that the main relay must have frozen after we pulled and checked all fuses etc. reinstall and walah she's up and running..the group is a couple mi. ahead waiting and happy to see all is good! Off we go. As we enter the Groomers trails all is held true to the story's of his being just that much better!! We hammer down in the carpet.

After several mi. who do we run into on the trail..the one and only himself working his magic. We stop and have a nice trail side visit and invite him to join us for dinner. We then head out for Amqui to drop our bags and head to the Mts. to play before dinner. We meet up with Groomer later and have great conversation and dinner with him.image.thumb.jpg.aab78774151f78c1a4e85d687becf1f4.jpg

Phil1 and the man himself!image.thumb.jpg.196739f3c21d2a1c896bf2b3fc3326e5.jpg

Friday 24th

After a great day Thur. with everything falling into place it was time to move on and Phil1 had a plan to run through New Brunswick Via Moose Valley for lunch so he could say hello to his favorite gal in N.B. Josie. Off we went on 587 to local trails and into N.B. and meant the same quality trails and super scenery that we enjoyed in Quebec. Made it to Moose Valley for a great lunch and Phil1 got his wish as Josie was working.. After lunch Phil1 was leading the pack down through  Edmundston and then pointed her north west on a super smooth FAST T.Q. 85 with his sights set on RDL and the last leg of our trip where he didn't disappoint with his pace!! 

Got into RDL around 2:30 and loaded em up for the ride home.

I'd like to give a great big thank you to Phil1 and Scranton1 for the awesome job they did as our team leaders!!! Thanks guys!

One hell of a week with a great bunch of guys!  Not only there riding ability but there Team Spirit and attitudes as well!

1303 smiles!

Edited by doonali

19 hours ago, doonali said:

Thursday 23rd

Wake up to -5f and today's plan is to head to Groomer land. So off on 5 we go on smooth fast hard pack with the scratchers down after 5 mi out my 1200 falls flat on its face! No codes, not hot. So myself and limesqueezeaxys start and evaluation as the others are ahead Makin Trax we quickly discover that the main relay must have frozen after we pulled and checked all fuses etc. reinstall and walah she's up and running..the group is a couple mi. ahead waiting and happy to see all is good! Off we go. As we enter the Groomers trails all is held true to the story's of his being just that much better!! We hammer down in the carpet.

After several mi. who do we run into on the trail..the one and only himself working his magic. We stop and have a nice trail side visit and invite him to join us for dinner. We then head out for Amqui to drop our bags and head to the Mts. to play before dinner. We meet up with Groomer later and have great conversation and dinner with him.image.thumb.jpg.aab78774151f78c1a4e85d687becf1f4.jpg

Phil1 and the man himself!image.thumb.jpg.196739f3c21d2a1c896bf2b3fc3326e5.jpg

hi greg !!!

nice to meet you and the rest of the group !!! great to see new people !!!

thx for sharing pics....great one of phil and i !!!

jean-guy

14 minutes ago, groomer said:

hi greg !!!

nice to meet you and the rest of the group !!! great to see new people !!!

thx for sharing pics....great one of phil and i !!!

jean-guy

Hi Jean-guy,

Yes thank you. My camera is nothing compared to yours.. haha.. It was a pleasure meeting and visiting with you also.

Edited by doonali

On 3/27/2017 at 2:05 PM, doonali said:

Friday 24th

After a great day Thur. with everything falling into place it was time to move on and Phil1 had a plan to run through New Brunswick Via Moose Valley for lunch so he could say hello to his favorite gal in N.B. Josie. Off we went on 587 to local trails and into N.B. and meant the same quality trails and super scenery that we enjoyed in Quebec. Made it to Moose Valley for a great lunch and Phil1 got his wish as Josie was working.. After lunch Phil1 was leading the pack down through  Edmundston and then pointed her north west on a super smooth FAST T.Q. 85 with his sights set on RDL and the last leg of our trip where he didn't disappoint with his pace!! 

Got into RDL around 2:30 and loaded em up for the ride home.

I'd like to give a great big thank you to Phil1 and Scranton1 for the awesome job they did as our team leaders!!! Thanks guys!

One hell of a week with a great bunch of guys!  Not only there riding ability but there Team Spirit and attitudes as well!

1303 smiles!

Doesn't get any better!

Cant wait to do it again next year.

Great report......