New Laws for Next Year

iceman

Just announced by FCMQ and Surete du Quebec, GPS devices on snowmobiles have been banned starting next season 2018. They site too many instances of distracted driving which have resulted in serious accidents. This will not be popular. 

53 minutes ago, Snappy Hank said:

Also banning dancing girls in bikinis from riding on sleds. Again the Surete say they cause to much distracted driving

Hank

Well now that really sucks, Sled Week will never be the same.

On Saturday, April 01, 2017 at 8:59 AM, iceman said:

Just announced by FCMQ and Surete du Quebec, GPS devices on snowmobiles have been banned starting next season 2018. They site too many instances of distracted driving which have resulted in serious accidents. This will not be popular.

oh you had me for a minute..... good one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-04-03 at 7:56 PM, hparaptor said:

Thought about posting something about all speed limits were being reduced to 50kmh and strictly enforced.  But then decided against it since I can't go that slow

Funny you should mention that Mike, that's Ontarios speed limit and that's no fish story.

Last trip of the year a few weeks back I got stopped at the end of the RR bed into Levis.  Cop shows me the gun, 122kph.  I thought I was going slow I told him, sorry I'll do better.  He said be careful and sent me on my way and that NEVER happens to me.  The run we did with TB and Iceman Randy got slightly scolded by the Police and off we went, as far as I figure we both have an extra $500 for next year..........

3 hours ago, mikerider said:

Are Radar detectors legal in Quebec? This might be a better option than a GPS!

They are not legal on Quebec roads and since they apply and try to enforce a lot of the Quebec Highway Code  on the trails, I would think they are a big no no on the trails too. Perhaps the best option is have a designated decoy with the fastest sled in the group lead.😁