flooding in Maniwaki

Mid Range

*The north is melting.

*Gatineau river is Raging

*Baskatong Reservoir is near full capacity

*Major rainstorm after major rainstorm

Situation is getting bad in Maniwaki. Care home for seniors evacuated, High school closed.

Groomers had to be evacuated, Garage has been emptied.

Another heavy rain maker on the way…….things are not looking good.

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/widespread-flooding-forcing-evacuations-in-maniwaki-1.3393373

inondation.jpg

18278577_1042467369219391_9061447212145361035_o.jpg

garage.jpg

grattes.jpg

18193420_1042467445886050_6673578947556179296_o.jpg

Wishing the best for folks there. We already went through our spring flood here and the water was dropping nicely but has come up 6 inches again overnight. We are down river from those northern reservoirs via the Rouge river and if it gets raging down it water backs up fast into my lake,  but I understand they can and do divert the flow to either the Gatineau or the Rouge. Ether way it is all going down the Ottawa and those poor folks in Riguad could get hit again. 

Good luck Cnc.......the people of Rigaud are not out of the wood yet. Water from the north is raging down and feeding the Ottawa River. I tried to share here small footage from facebook at Paugan Dam in Low (Gatineau River). Water flow is terrible.Seems I can't share them.

Water level is still on the rise in Maniwaki. 50 cms since yesterday.

18278290_1042656215867173_5623241985234367527_o.jpg

18238849_1042656139200514_2594888991420591393_o.jpg

The Iron Bridge over Gatineau river between Rabaska Lodge and Pensive relay(Woodrunner trail). this is located north of Baskatong Reservoir

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FZecPetawaga%2Fvideos%2F1347578921989430%2F&show_text=0&width=560

the situation in Maniwaki was stable the past 2 days.........Heavy rainfall warning for the Outaouais today/tonight.Gatineau city is hit hard along Ottawa river.

A small clip of the club garage and surrounding area.

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2F206851889236%2Fvideos%2F10155922041084237%2F&show_text=0&width=560

TQ 13/63 junction......signs are submerged and flipped over

tq13_63.jpg

Edited by Mid Range

Saw Gatineau on the news and further down river, Regaud, Ile Bizarre, Laval etc are higher than they were during the flooding the other week. Here in Montcalm it has been coming up all week but peaked in the night 2 feet below the high it peaked at the other week but still around two sides of my house. Hoping the rain is not as bad as predicted and they don't start dumping massive amounts of water out of the reservoirs. As mentioned my house can take the water due to the basement design but the other week we emptied my garage and moved it to higher ground when the water was getting closed. Just put it all back in the other day. I don't want to have to do that again. It seems like I am the Noah of the mechanical world, two and three of everything, big job. Good to hear Gatineau water has been stable for two days. Do you live in Gatineau and are you affected by the flood Mid Range?

41 minutes ago, Cnc said:

Do you live in Gatineau and are you affected by the flood Mid Range?

I live in Cantley(a little north of Gatineau) and no I am not affected by the flood even though Gatineau River is +- 1000 feet from my back yard. I am evelated. All the best to you....

Best of luck gentlemen, here in The east side of PA we had a ton of rain today and suppose to be again tomorrow I hope you are spared more liquid. 

Here is a photo of Highway 40 near Berthierville. The St. Lawrence Seaway is more than over flood stage. Lot's of folks in lots of places having a bad go of it. 

IMG_1313.JPG.9488a4cee8597ce022eba457b1575e25.JPG

The weather patterns as we knew them are changing. What to do?, buy a  new skidoo, or a seadoo???

Edited by Cnc

Highway 50 shut down in Gatineau.....chaos-chaos-chaos

Royal 22nd regiment deployed in the region. State of emergency in Gracefield as well.Troops deployed.

Edited by Mid Range