flooding in Maniwaki

Mid Range

Unbelievable the amount of water. Lots of friends and people I know are in trouble in Ile Bizarre and Pierrefonds, and it doesn't only come from the Ottawa. I got pics sent to me of a marina and boat winter storage complex in Iroquois Ont on the St Lawrence where my sail boat is still in storage. Water is  way up there maybe 6-7 feet higher than it should be. First pic is of the high water today and the travel lift sitting on its tracks where it lowers boats down in a moat 4-5 feet down. The docks are usually far below the flooded parking area. Second pic is my boat being manovered by the lift last may in the parking.

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

Problems in the Gaspe' also.

IMG_1318.thumb.JPG.c593454b5f4f7703e0d637e2194116d5.JPG

La Gaspésie paralysée par les fermetures de routes

Le ministère des Transports du Québec (MTQ) a annoncé la fermeture du pont qui enjambe la rivière Grande Cascapédia, à la limite ouest de la ville de New Richmond, en Gaspésie.

Selon nos informations, un des piliers serait en train de s'affaisser.

Le MTQ ne pourra faire les inspections tant et aussi longtemps que le niveau d'eau n'aura pas baissé.

Les automobilistes doivent faire un détour de 11 kilomètres par la 299 et le Chemin Mackay.

Translation....

Gaspésie paralyzed by road closures

The Quebec Ministry of Transport (MTQ) announced the closure of the bridge over the Grande Cascapédia River, on the western edge of the city of New Richmond, in the Gaspé Peninsula.

According to our information, one of the pillars would be sagging.

The MTQ will not be able to inspect as long as the water level has not dropped.

Motorists must make a 11-kilometer detour via 299 and Mackay Road.

Water went down a few inches overnight at my place but still high enough I have no land on most sides of my house. The good news is I am getting fantastic gas mileage with my riding lawn mower.

Water is going down nicely here, but seems like it has been for ever and two floods. Normally the spring flood if we get one lasts only 3-4 days. The plywood flood panel covers My basement door and is gasketed. You can see the water marks for this year are about 2.5 feet up the panel and there are two steps down to the basement floor inside. Basement stayed bone dry and the humidity  was 52% down there.IMG_0479.thumb.JPG.4246f3e262d70924a14c06091e27186a.JPG

Another shot of my front lawn slowly being reclaimed, usually I have 25 feet or so of beach beyond the trees.IMG_0481.thumb.JPG.91be8fe2488a89786d036d61359016e6.JPG

Thanks JG, I got to go sledding the other week as we drove sleds and bikes out of my garage behind the house to higher ground.😃 It never quite reached the garage though.