100.00$$$ question for webmaster !!!

groomer

bonsoir !!!

since a few days im trying to post pics on my thread....some won t upload at all !!!

pics taken with my d-90 ...no problem ...upload fast !!!

the ones with my d-7200 ....they upload to.. let say  75 %...then kaputt ...little message appear saying ...sorry cant upload !!!

cant believe its my pics ....or the operator !!!

any solutions to that ????

moose pic...showing ...when uploaded .....1.6 mb ....the ones with the d-7200....10-12 mb ...but won t upload...

should i change the spark plug on my d-7200  ?????:rolleyes:

jean-guy

DSC_0004 (3).JPG

I have had issues too and thought it was just me. For a period there I could not upload anything. It would go through the upload process then give me a message saying upload failed or tell me I am only allowed a 4.88 mb upload even after resizing the pic to less than 4mb. After a few days it seemed to work but still a bit hit and miss. 

16 minutes ago, scorpionbowl said:

Groomer has carte blanche, I think that's the saying. Maybe try for a few days and see if it changes. If it's a fundamental problem and not a glitch, I'll check with my boss...

hi scorpionbowl !!!

ok ...merci !!!

jean-guy

Have the same problem on random occasions. Works one day then not the other.  

It's not a file size issue, maybe something is going on with the server.   What is the storage quota or bandwidth limitation?   Are we at any of these limits?

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, PLAYHARD said:

It'd be cool if it were possible to put a resizer on the server side, so regardless of how big a submission is it gets pared down to decent yet manageable size automatically.

Two very important key words here for our webmaster.

On 5/17/2017 at 8:09 PM, groomer said:

bonsoir !!!

since a few days im trying to post pics on my thread....some won t upload at all !!!

pics taken with my d-90 ...no problem ...upload fast !!!

the ones with my d-7200 ....they upload to.. let say  75 %...then kaputt ...little message appear saying ...sorry cant upload !!!

cant believe its my pics ....or the operator !!!

any solutions to that ????

moose pic...showing ...when uploaded .....1.6 mb ....the ones with the d-7200....10-12 mb ...but won t upload...

should i change the spark plug on my d-7200  ?????:rolleyes:

jean-guy

DSC_0004 (3).JPG

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I made some changes to the server and the forum software. Let me know if it helped or not.

On 5/28/2017 at 10:39 AM, PLAYHARD said:

It'd be cool if it were possible to put a resizer on the server side, so regardless of how big a submission is it gets pared down to decent yet manageable size automatically.

I just made a few changes to the settings. On of them was to resize everything uploaded to a maximum size of 1600px X 1600px. I can change it to something smaller if needed?

6 hours ago, ckf said:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I made some changes to the server and the forum software. Let me know if it helped or not.

I just made a few changes to the settings. On of them was to resize everything uploaded to a maximum size of 1600px X 1600px. I can change it to something smaller if needed?

hi ckf !!!

thx for the help ......but still slow....about 30 '' to upload that pic ....

but ...in my last few posts on my thread ...i started using irfanview again to resize my pics....waaay faster....less than 8'' !!!

also ,maybe this can help you ..im no computer guru....i could be the problem with camera ....i realized i have the same problem with g-mail with some pics....super slow...

jean-guy

DSC_6224.JPG

Edited by groomer

2 hours ago, groomer said:

hi ckf !!!

thx for the help ......but still slow....about 30 '' to upload that pic ....

but ...in my last few posts on my thread ...i started using irfanview again to resize my pics....waaay faster....less than 8'' !!!

also ,maybe this can help you ..im no computer guru....i could be the problem with camera ....i realized i have the same problem with g-mail with some pics....super slow...

jean-guy

Those are some fairly large files that you are uploading. It's going to take a while if you don't have a good internet connection. It's definitely best to resize them before uploading. Even with my fast connection I don't usually upload anything larger than 1200px on the longest side.