Trail passes

Shore1066

Has anyone heard what passes might cost this season. I know it's early but I want to be ready.  

RATES

“Operation of snowmobile on a Federation trail is strictly forbidden unless the operator has a prescribed trail permit.” (FCMQ By-Laws, article 11)

Permit prices for season 2017-2018 

The price of a trail permit includes the cost of the liability insurance, defined as mandatory under article 19 of the Act respecting off-highway vehicles, as well as all applicable taxes.

• 315 $ for an annual trail permit purchased on or before December 9, 2017
  • 390 $ for an annual trail permit purchased after December 9, 2017
  • 560 $ for an annual trail permit sold on trail*
  • 230 $ for an annual trail permit for antique snowmobiles (1998 and older)
  • 215 $ for a 7-day trail permit
  • 130 $ for a 3-day trail permit
  • 60 $ for a 1-day trail permit
  • 570 $ for an annual trail permit for a rental snowmobile

* Purchase your trail permit before hitting the trails!

Extra charges are payable when the annual trail permit is purchased on trails. Note that permits issued for antique sleds, as well as daily or weekly permits, cannot be purchased on trails

Thank you sir. If we get as much snow as rain we are getting I think we may wear a snowmobile out. Lol. Has Montreal got back to anything close to normal? Still very high on the west end of the river. Thanks again. 

Well I'm in Costa Rica.  My daughter is getting married on Friday. Going to look for snow but I don't think I am going to find any. What a country this is. Seen crocodiles, monkeys, lizards and only been here one night.  The drivers are something else too. The drive like they ride on Tug Hill. All and all great time for all the family that is here. We all in Quepoes pronounced Kpoes. So happy for my daughter.  Giant smile on her face.  If I find any snow I'll report back.

That's done. The wedding that is.  I am going 4 wheeler riding tomorrow in the mountains.  I will be looking for snow.  Report back if any is found. Oh yea these monkeys are mean and they try to attack. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

My kid called me today fron North Carolina and said , dad 7 months from now we will be on our snowmobiles. Wonder where his mind is. LOL

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:29 PM, hparaptor said:

For a $25 or so savings, is this really worth it?

I'm buying two permits so maybe. Why do I need more insurance on my sleds when I have full coverage? I guess if it is a pain in the butt to get the refund then maybe it's not worth it. I just hate paying for something I don't need. It reminds me of the extended warranty charge they offer you on throw away appliances. I never buy those either.

17 hours ago, Js12ren said:

I'm buying two permits so maybe. Why do I need more insurance on my sleds when I have full coverage? I guess if it is a pain in the butt to get the refund then maybe it's not worth it. I just hate paying for something I don't need. It reminds me of the extended warranty charge they offer you on throw away appliances. I never buy those either.

Might only have one surcharge if both sleds are covered by the same policy.  

In NY, my sled basically has the same liability coverage as my truck.  I suggest keeping the same coverage limits as the Quebec policy and use your own, providing you ride elsewhere.  

The other thing I think of is you know you are covered with the Quebec trail pass. If something did happen and being that you are in an other country your New York or where ever insurance might try to screw you,  At least for a 25 to 50 dollar extra you know for sure you are insured.  Just one thing you don't have to worry about on your adventure.  

13 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

The other thing I think of is you know you are covered with the Quebec trail pass. If something did happen and being that you are in an other country your New York or where ever insurance might try to screw you,  At least for a 25 to 50 dollar extra you know for sure you are insured.  Just one thing you don't have to worry about on your adventure.  

Had an accident due to black ice on a ramp to pont mercer.  Luckily, my insurance company has an office in Ontario and I carry non resident inter provincial cards.  Made dealing with the claim and repairs much easier.

On 2017-07-21 at 0:19 PM, hparaptor said:

Had an accident due to black ice on a ramp to pont mercer.  Luckily, my insurance company has an office in Ontario and I carry non resident inter provincial cards.  Made dealing with the claim and repairs much easier.

Remember that one Mikey, your truck'n trailer all twisted up. Thank god for the reservation cops being there if it was SQ different story, those guys have no patience and are only available for browny points to crawl up the ladder or write up tickets to impress the supervisors month end report.