Tour du Gouin

Trailblazer

Day 4

Out of Kanawata bright'n early after a quick breakfast, the plan is to get to the trucks early enough to leave time to drive home. Down the Kanawata express we go heading for Repos for fuel, not far down the road I know but topping off there the tanks will bring us straight to the trucks with out any more fuel stops. had a little intervention with nature on the Kanawata express, now she's lunch.

After leaving Repos my plan was to head to Lunic and then down to Ste Anne du Lac, so we arrive at an intersection with a large group of locals out for a ride and one says I have flat, we shoot the shit, repair the flat have a drink or two and then off we go, not knowing at the time but I went straight at the intersection when I should've turned right heading north to Lunic. Well it wasn't much longer when we left the Zec I saw a sign for Mekoos 25 klms that's when I knew I did it again, yup again. I took the wrong turn at the same place about 10 years back when I was last in that area and ended up at Mekoos. Oh well Mekoos will be a nice lunch stop.

Afterwards we had to head south cuz the sled trail from there to Ste Anne crosses a river that has no bridge in the summer so this means we have to ride south to the highway and ride outlaw for 10 k up to Ste Anne du lac.

Trip meter gave us just shy of 1000 klms.

Terry, Mo;;y, Pete and Julie follow Mike and I through the back roads to the 117 south of Mt.Laurier and down to Labelle where we part ways, Mike and I are off to the cottage for R and R.

IMG_0990.thumb.JPG.72ed2632d41e8a9675f40ba951a287fd.JPG

IMG_0992.thumb.JPG.05418f3d85599443a76e81265c956e2f.JPG

IMG_0994.thumb.JPG.718198c19d94e8cf9d6dae7b69f02814.JPG

Here's some creative engineering

IMG_0996.thumb.JPG.d3b7e99238ca7d0879cba55c81ecf399.JPG

Made it back to the chalet just in time for the sunset.

IMG_0997.thumb.JPG.bc26d053adbc0759610242d9f12a0185.JPG

2 hours ago, mikerider said:

Awesome, love stories and pics of the big wilderness in northern Quebec.

What is that food you show in the round dish, looks great but can't figure what it is.

mike

That would be Escargot gratine

Snails in garlic butter then topped with cheese and roasted in the oven, absolutely to die for Mike.

Great report Trailblazer! And yes, I should have gone with you! I will try harder next year, might do a bit less fishing!

3 hours ago, Ike said:

Awesome.  Did the Gaspe about 5 or 6 weeks ago out of Rimouski.  1200 miles in 8 days!  Great trip.  Do you happen to have a GPS route or track on which you based your trip?

Thanks!

Ike

Nice. What were you riding? 

5 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Just wait till you're old & achy, you'll learn to hate a straight axle in the rear!

(Oh my, that sounds naughty)

I'd hit like, but couldn't stop laughing from your comment. 50 now and know what you are talking about.  The investment in an aftermarket suspension really made a difference and wouldn't ride a sporty without that.  

Still have a few more years though

Thank you for going back to this site and posting your trip. It's neat to see these pics in the summer, never get to see these stops except when we are on our trips during the winter.      That's to bad the locals in Obedjewan couldn't have been a little nicer to your group.

21 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Just wait till you're old & achy, you'll learn to hate a straight axle in the rear!

(Oh my, that sounds naughty)

bonjour playhard !!!

omg !!! just like hparaptor , i can  t stop laughing !!!...

fyi , im in the 55 + club !!!

cheers !!!

jean-guy:drinks:

DSC_5068.JPG