Tour du Gouin

Trailblazer

1 hour ago, groomer said:

omg !!! just like hparaptor , i can  t stop laughing !!!...

fyi , im in the 55 + club !!!

cheers !!!

jean-guy:drinks:

DSC_5068.JPG

Age is just a number. 

9 hours ago, groomer said:

bonjour playhard !!!

omg !!! just like hparaptor , i can  t stop laughing !!!...

fyi , im in the 55 + club !!!

cheers !!!

jean-guy:drinks:

DSC_5068.JPG

True.  I stay young by playing at the local MX track. Should have dedicated rides for track and trail but don't have the room for both.  So I compromise and keep the raptor, evendors though it looks like a toy compared to the adult sized machines in the group.  

2 hours ago, hparaptor said:

True.  I stay young by playing at the local MX track. Should have dedicated rides for track and trail but don't have the room for both.  So I compromise and keep the raptor, evendors though it looks like a toy compared to the adult sized machines in the group.  

bonsoir hparaptor !!!

sure...keeping riding the 4w....or sled.... keep our attitude young and keep us in shape !!!

back in the 80's ,i had a dirt bike....xr 500....riding 8-10 000 miles during the summer !!

mileage on my old 4w...

jean-guy

DSC_0019.JPG

On 10/31/2017 at 3:31 PM, Ike said:

Awesome.  Did the Gaspe about 5 or 6 weeks ago out of Rimouski.  1200 miles in 8 days!  Great trip.  Do you happen to have a GPS route or track on which you based your trip?

Thanks!

Ike

Here ya go

5a027afe31894_ATVTrip2017.jpg.JPG.7bbf34f4da369807b335b08f0a21cfa3.JPG

2 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

True... but if they were from Pennsylvania it would have been a horse and buggy.  ;) 

You have something against horses ? Other than they don't come with a motor .....

On 11/5/2017 at 9:51 PM, groomer said:

bonsoir hparaptor !!!

sure...keeping riding the 4w....or sled.... keep our attitude young and keep us in shape !!!

back in the 80's ,i had a dirt bike....xr 500....riding 8-10 000 miles during the summer !!

mileage on my old 4w...

jean-guy

DSC_0019.JPG

Wow.  Have about 4800km on my ride.  Think it's time I move up there and add a few more digits to the measurement.

24 minutes ago, hparaptor said:

Wow.  Have about 4800km on my ride.  Think it's time I move up there and add a few more digits to the measurement.

i traded for the new one ,i was at 29 954 if memory still good !!!

very seldom i speak in km.....always miles !!!

jean-guy

12 hours ago, groomer said:

i traded for the new one ,i was at 29 954 if memory still good !!!

very seldom i speak in km.....always miles !!!

jean-guy

Like using km here. Sounds like I rode more.

Nice going on the machine.   Not sure how much they can be ridden before major issues occur.   In my case, this raptor is the first with an odometer.   My first ride had an experience (hour) meter, which I installed.  Sold it with 400 hours and after finding cracks on its second frame.  Think the mx track had something to do with that...

Edited by hparaptor

7 hours ago, hparaptor said:

Nice going on the machine.   Not sure how much they can be ridden before major issues occur.   In my case, this raptor is the first with an odometer.   My first ride had an experience (hour) meter, which I installed.  Sold it with 400 hours and after finding cracks on its second frame.  Think the mx track had something to do with that...

like using miles.....sounds like i rode less....ahahah

8-10 years ago ....a guy in town on a honda 350...he had 38 000 km 

about the same time...an elderly person from rimouski,saw that on the news paper...54 000 km on a honda 450 

one of my brother saw on a forum ...guy from lsj...48 000 km on a honda 450 

i have nt checked mileage on mine since last december...i ll check soon ...i put a set of tires every years !!!

jean-guy

Edited by groomer

12 hours ago, hparaptor said:

Ya tink, sure wasn’t the northern forest roads, they just burn up your fuel. Lol.

On 11/9/2017 at 10:23 PM, Trailblazer said:

Ya tink, sure wasn’t the northern forest roads, they just burn up your fuel. Lol.

And loosen hardware on steering stems.  Not that I know anything about that... 

Just need to include the enhancements to reduce fuel consumption and go faster.  Think a diet is in order.