Is it too early to start looking for snow ?

SkippyDoo

Not so many years ago..... i remember guys discussing loading sleds on the train from Sept Isles to Schefferville.  Does anyone know if that can still happen?  To plan a trip with arrival to see the Cains Quest departure woulds be quite the adventure.

train snowmobile.jpg

Last year I inquired about the train to Schefferville. The train that runs to Schefferville is passenger train only.  No baggage car.  They told me I could rent a freight car, at $800 but it only goes to Lac City.  Passenger train goes up Monday and freight runs on Tuesday.  

Hi Bill,

Reading your response.  I cant find Lac city.  Did you mean Lab City?  The Cains quest race starts in Labrador City at the Arena March 2 so maybe that would be a better start option anyway.  Eight - ten guys split the cost.  Ride the train on Monday.  Sleds follow the next day. 3200 miles groomed trails.

map-trail_2013_with_ads_lg.jpg

On 8/4/2017 at 11:26 AM, Mac said:

Hi Bill,

Reading your response.  I cant find Lac city.  Did you mean Lab City?  The Cains quest race starts in Labrador City at the Arena March 2 so maybe that would be a better start option anyway.  Eight - ten guys split the cost.  Ride the train on Monday.  Sleds follow the next day. 3200 miles groomed trails.

Yes Lab City.  According to web site

Edited by Saguenay Bill
didn't finish my answer

On 8/4/2017 at 11:26 AM, Mac said:

Hi Bill,

Yes it is suppose to be Lab City.  According to the trains web site.

1.   Passenger train does not go to Lab City.

2.   Passenger train goes from Sept Iles to Schefferville Monday and Thursday and from Schefferville to Sept Iles Tuesday and Friday.

3.   Train will  drop you off in Emeril Jct, about 60 miles east of Lab City.  Long walk to Lab City because of #4.

4.  Freight train leaves Sept Iles on Tuesday for Lab City.

Edited by Saguenay Bill