The Challenge

MrGutz

3 hours ago, SnomoGary said:

That was going to be my question lol.....

Also I can coat Ray's sled with it, in an attempt to attract the "Poo-Poo Birds" that already seem to love his sled, this may distract him long enough for Long Hair to get by.

GutZ

14 hours ago, Sledwhore said:

How long is the track your running on??  Guess it's not 660...Seems like a tall small sprocket..

Update:

I was actually un-boxing the new track last night.

The track is a 128x1.5x15 Composit Brand, again Chris from CT Powersports helped me out with this. Great guy to deal with!!

The Lugs look really beefy!

I have a set of used M-10 128 Rails that I will be swapping into the 121 M-20 AirWave.

This will be driven by Wahl Racing Extra-vert Sprockets.

The new Top Sprocket is from Chris as well and is an upgrade for the 850. Yup it is big.

GutZ

RR-Track.thumb.JPG.269e169c6813e78ba43b026151d76b9a.JPG

I'm stupid....i thought you were building a drag sled with 300 H.P.....didn't think you were putting that in a trail sled:vava:....Those extra vert sprockets and track combo is great.....may wanna sticka set of anti-stab wheels from Wahl in the front of the skid....cheap insurance.

46 minutes ago, Sledwhore said:

I'm stupid....i thought you were building a drag sled with 300 H.P.....didn't think you were putting that in a trail sled:vava:....Those extra vert sprockets and track combo is great.....may wanna sticka set of anti-stab wheels from Wahl in the front of the skid....cheap insurance.

And avoid catastrophic disaster?!! Ha! That would be one for the record books.

We've run that setup with the ported track for years and it has not been an issue, but I'll revisit once the skid is out of the chassis.

Thanks

GutZ

Update:

On the way to beach we stopped at Central Connecticut Coatings (Previously part of Airborne Coatings I believe) and dropped off the pistons to get a thermal barrier applied. Gene has been doing our stuff for years, If you need any thing powder coated, thermal barriers or graphite coated give him a call, nice guy, easy to work with.

RR-Coatings.thumb.JPG.0d450fbc82b733dd4a831348fdb489df.JPG

http://www.centralctcoatings.com/

I also got a call from Dale Fett at Fett Brothers Racing and the clutch is balanced and on it's way back to us! Another nice guy and wealth of info.

http://fettbrothers.com/

Later

GutZ

One thing is certain. You guys surely don't have any issue passing the time between winters. You get to rebuild, which keeps you busy and makes the time fly by. 

Seriously though. I agree you guys need a TV series. No doubt.

1 hour ago, iceman said:

One thing is certain. You guys surely don't have any issue passing the time between winters. You get to rebuild, which keeps you busy and makes the time fly by. 

Seriously though. I agree you guys need a TV series. No doubt.

It does help it fly by, I'm already thinking about the Snow Shows in October and that they are right around the corner.

The good thing is, is that tinkering unwinds my mind. Everyday I deal with IT issues and Meetings for several companies and the hands on turning of the wrenches really helps reduce stress.

I think I will need a garage, be for I get a TV show!

GutZ

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 0:21 PM, MrGutz said:

My nephew (Mini-GutZ) was told old people eat Marmalade so I he got me some.....

GutZ

On 8/15/2017 at 6:41 AM, MrGutz said:

Also I can coat Ray's sled with it, in an attempt to attract the "Poo-Poo Birds" that already seem to love his sled, this may distract him long enough for Long Hair to get by.

GutZ

I figure it was in the first pics, so now it in for the whole ride!

GutZ

On 9/3/2017 at 10:33 AM, MrGutz said:

New Custom High OutPut Coils.

RR-Coils.thumb.JPG.371e08c0c952e99e51daa5b4dc187ad4.JPG

I'm assuming the low voltage side of the coils have silver plated copper wire with ptfe insulation.   

Use this type of wire on a regular basis.  Don't nick the conductors when stripping the insulation.  Wire strands are quite brittle and it gets worse after soldering.  Don't ask how I know this.

Did they provide data on output voltage? Are the coils matched? 

12 hours ago, hparaptor said:

I'm assuming the low voltage side of the coils have silver plated copper wire with ptfe insulation.   

Use this type of wire on a regular basis.  Don't nick the conductors when stripping the insulation.  Wire strands are quite brittle and it gets worse after soldering.  Don't ask how I know this.

Did they provide data on output voltage? Are the coils matched? 

I honestly dont know.I will take a look tomorrow night.

Anything has to have more output than the little stock one.

GutZ