The Challenge

MrGutz

Update:

There are several versions of the Skidoo 670, we have the oldest modern version of the crank. Unfortunately I have had a 2nd gen replacement from Skidoo in a box, I've had it for a while and did not know that there were a so many versions. I sent it off to the Crank Shop to have them swap a few things around, of course.....

I was able to install the fuel lines and new high volume pump:

RR-Fuel-Pump.thumb.JPG.8f327207b1ea0032e81f355a1de64dbc.JPGThe 

The Rotary Valve shaft and RV Gear from Sea-Doo (Beefier):

RR-Rotary.thumb.JPG.b3cd47a034d28181eba516a36b09a59f.JPG

I'm opening up the chassis to allow even longer travel of the front suspension, 12+ inches of Travel.

RR-Steering-2.thumb.JPG.58cc0f746b3b95d4ad52a6463740b9bb.JPG

A little clean up and some paint and it is ready to go!

On to mounting the NOS Bottle and a new custom tail light!

Later

GutZ

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

Update:

There are several versions of the Skidoo 670, we have the oldest modern version of the crank. Unfortunately I have had a 2nd gen replacement from Skidoo in a box, I've had it for a while and did not know that there were a so many versions. I sent it off to the Crank Shop to have them swap a few things around, of course.....

I was able to install the fuel lines and new high volume pump:

RR-Fuel-Pump.thumb.JPG.8f327207b1ea0032e81f355a1de64dbc.JPGThe 

The Rotary Valve shaft and RV Gear from Sea-Doo (Beefier):

RR-Rotary.thumb.JPG.b3cd47a034d28181eba516a36b09a59f.JPG

I'm opening up the chassis to allow even longer travel of the front suspension, 12+ inches of Travel.

RR-Steering-2.thumb.JPG.58cc0f746b3b95d4ad52a6463740b9bb.JPG

A little clean up and some paint and it is ready to go!

On to mounting the NOS Bottle and a new custom tail light!

Later

GutZ

Gotta love them old bologna slicers.

This has been an awesome thread to read and a HELL OF A WAY to return to QR!  Thanks Mr. Gutz!  You guys from Team Marmalade are the BEST!

he sure did...

15 hours ago, Sledwhore said:

I hope this warm weather's not slowing uguyz down.........when's the heart implant scheduled?

It actually has helped a bit. 

The Front Suspension geometry has been an issue (Never designed for Huge Travel), I believe with the warm weekend I was able to set it as close to perfect as I can get without redesigning the front clip.

The Crank is still at the Crank Shop, NOS Bottle is being re-certified, BUT the M-20 is acting like it's jammed I believe it's the coupler blocks.

Things are moving along.

I'll post a few more pics later.

GutZ

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

I wore out a pair of those Gen 3's. Wings give float when you need it. Up out of the way when you don't. 

He's already planning to find some deep snow to test them. That never bodes well....

GutZ

• 2 weeks later...

Next Update!

I should not seem so positive... so with the M20 in the chassis on 128 Rails I thought it was ready to go..... It would not compress so I contacted FAST. After several back and forth with Brian we determined that the rails are Polaris and Not FAST ones. You may say wwhhaatt? I thought Polaris used the M-10? Polaris Licensed the 121 "Directly" from FAST, the 127\128 was created using that license and is not supported by FAST because they changed the geometry. The rails if you put them on the ground and give them a quick once over they look like the are identical..... BUT the suspension arm connections to the rails are about 1 inch closer together on the longer 127/128 rails. I could have made them work but I feel it would have alter the coupling too much for a consistent ride. I found that Tracks USA makes billet 4 inch extensions for M10 Suspensions!! But the Polaris Version.... so like EVERYTHING else on the sled it will be custom. 

Next! Found a place to fill the NOS tank! Yaa! They said it needs to be tested, BOOO! 3 different places to try and get it Certified and last place said they can certify it! So it failed!

Fudgicles!!! Not just a tasty treat.

I guess the carbon fiber tanks are so thin that ANY scuff or abrasion will fail it. 

New one is aluminum, because to replace the fiber one is 600.ish.

But a custom AC\DC converter came in, the USB connector came in, the crank is back form the Crank Shop and I'm starting the engine assembly!

We took delivery of a new trailer!! And yes there is a problem.... Not with the trailer but the Mass Registry.

Later

GutZ

Update

New NOS Bottle arrived and is being certified, Crank and Case are together, Unfortunately I've been laid up with Gout\SeudoGout (Not sure how) so I've been slow to do anything more. Maybe tomorrow I'll get back on it.

Sneeky NOS (Fits right in the Seat)

RR-NewNOS.thumb.JPG.bf45f62052c99c7d2f7ab58dbd324bd4.JPG

GutZ

Update:

NOS Bottle Certified and Filled!

Turns out, in true RR tradition, the Crank has oversized piston pin bearings, So I measured and ordered them, I hope the crank works after all this BS!!!

M-10 is torn out, Re-Railed, Reassembled, Airline run to the Front Rear Shock, Almost put back into the Chassis.

Pistons are marked up for the mini blowholes for the exhaust bridge. 

Block is just about ready to go together.

** Removed the Receiver Pin Lock from Truck , Lock was too corroded to open, it took 10 Seconds with a Battery SawZall and used blade from Harbor Freight.

Later 

GutZ

RR-M10-5.thumb.JPG.60173b91b1b6b6dba2e6ab1e9b2b1e2b.JPG

RR-M10-6.thumb.JPG.f116d51452d526ddfcbc92255d6810f1.JPG

5a16d8c7daba9_PinCut.thumb.JPG.c7d46c0573285a763338788d100dab71.JPG

Update:

While the Mrs was at a Craft Fair I used the sink to do a final cleaning of the cylinders and pistons. I was able to mark and drill some blow holes to lube the Exhaust Bridges too.

RR-Cyl-Clean.thumb.JPG.b9a45e6e6f03787e5520f8c67e073700.JPG

RR-Piston-Holes.thumb.JPG.3780d27fb7728f3bff22daeeb159a19c.JPG

I upgraded the Cylinder Bolts and Washers, for maximum Debris and Shrapnel-ing Effects!

Also Ported the 800r YPipe and cleaned up the flow.

RR-Y-Pipe.thumb.JPG.f85913c47033d0b6c6ec2cf7b9e64991.JPG

I assembled the Block last night, I'll see if I can get pictures tonight.

Later

GutZ

RR-Cyl-Bolts.JPG

• 1 month later...

Well, Due to life and the COLD (No Garage) weather, the last few items to fit and customize have gone slow.

The exhaust is causing a few fitment issues.

I'm going to try and test it in QC later this week!

Or not.....

GutZ

RR-Engine.thumb.JPG.22b1a116e02bf2afb5ede8d8d5a94a66.JPG