Lucky Lady

iceman

http://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2017/08/15/blessee-a-moto-elle-attend-les-secours-plus-de-24-heures

A motorcyclist missing as a result of a road trip north of La Tuque in the Mauricie was finally found alive but injured nearly 24 hours after the events.

The woman in her thirties was riding with another motorcyclist on the road to Lac-Édouard on a motorcycle of the "racer" type on Monday.

Her partner who preceded her and who watched her in her rear-view mirrors lost sight of her at kilometer 16.

A motorcyclist missing as a result of a road trip north of La Tuque in the Mauricie was finally found alive but injured nearly 24 hours after the events.

She had gone off roadway and sank into the vegetation.

When her companion realized she was missing, he turned back, but was never able to find her. He even thought that she had gone back to Lac-Saint-Jean, which he found abnormal.

Moreover, there is no cellular communication in this sector.

Research was undertaken on Monday, and continued Tuesday morning. It was in the afternoon and thanks to a helicopter that the woman was located.

Rescuers were then able to reach her from the road.

The lady, whose gravity of wounds is unknown at the moment, was then evacuated by ambulance.

The road to Lac-Édouard is dangerous, out of the ordinary. It contains several curves and valleys. 

2 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Lucky for sure! How far off the road was she that they needed a helicopter to find her, it looks right next to it. 

GutZ

I hear ya, not sure, but i guess the bush is thick and she just got swallowed up and left no indication as to where she left the road. Imagine her riding partner wondering what the hell is going on. When he finds her nowhere after bactracking and then not finding her till 24hrs plus later. 

Kinda reminds me of Florida Snowman's story from last season, the other rider was only 200 feet off the trail, but might as well had been on the other side of the world.

I'm checking our communicators tonight. Just to be dbl sure they work.

GutZ

I well recall two years ago succumbing to an unexpected sojourn into the pucker brush, whilst "sweeping" with Pud and Marko in front of me.  The lads were maintaining a vigorous pace as I was back there fiddling with my gps.  In my distracted state I had gone totally thru the "Jingweed", mostly thru the "pucker brush", and found myself caressing the "new growth". I was a mere 100' off the trail..............but it took my addled, grog sodden companions an hour to locate my sorry ass :rolleyes:.

There is a moral to this story, I am sure, but I haven't quite figured it out yet??

2 hours ago, timbo said:

I well recall two years ago succumbing to an unexpected sojourn into the pucker brush, whilst "sweeping" with Pud and Marko in front of me.  The lads were maintaining a vigorous pace as I was back there fiddling with my gps.  In my distracted state I had gone totally thru the "Jingweed", mostly thru the "pucker brush", and found myself caressing the "new growth". I was a mere 100' off the trail..............but it took my addled, grog sodden companions an hour to locate my sorry ass :rolleyes:.

There is a moral to this story, I am sure, but I haven't quite figured it out yet??

Stuff can happen fast on the trail. Multitasking can be hazardous. Passenger and machine good. It took three weeks to walk without pain for me. Lesson learned.

Here's to a safe 2018 for all.

IMG_1842_zpshy7snee5.jpg

We helped a guy that took a right 50ft down off the trail (all of my winch rope). I think he was adjusting gloves.

IMG_1366_zpsah4rn9th.jpg

IMG_1367_zpsk1rlvwfg.jpg

5 hours ago, timbo said:

You were lucky Tim. Only caressing the "new growth", venturing further or into the "old growth" is where things get really serious!!

21 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Kinda reminds me of Florida Snowman's story from last season, the other rider was only 200 feet off the trail, but might as well had been on the other side of the world.

GutZ

Actually Mr Gutz, This was my story. His was a couple hundred yards. 

Another moral to the story is the leader shouldn't lose track of his/her companions. If you are either riding so fast, or get distracted and you lose track of the person behind you, something is wrong. Leader should match the pace of the slowest member of the group.

Safety first.

On 8/17/2017 at 7:26 AM, Low Rider said:

Actually Mr Gutz, This was my story. His was a couple hundred yards. 

hey, I'll mis-quote anyone I want too!

LOL

Sorry, either way, a good day can go south, even if its only by a couple hundred feet.

GutZ

36 minutes ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

Another moral to the story is the leader shouldn't lose track of his/her companions. If you are either riding so fast, or get distracted and you lose track of the person behind you, something is wrong. Leader should match the pace of the slowest member of the group.

Safety first.

100% Agree. Plus if you can't answer yes to this question, maybe you shouldn't be in the sport. Are you willing to spend the night in the woods if need be? I will spend the night with anyone to ensure their survival even if they screwed up. That's what I signed up for when I entered the sport.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:47 AM, Low Rider said:

100% Agree. Plus if you can't answer yes to this question, maybe you shouldn't be in the sport. Are you willing to spend the night in the woods if need be? I will spend the night with anyone to ensure their survival even if they screwed up. That's what I signed up for when I entered the sport.

Have friends that will do the same and take it one step further. .. they would remind me why we are here as opposed to a nice warm hotel.  Lol

On 8/16/2017 at 10:17 AM, MrGutz said:

GutZ

Also check your communicator chargers & be sure to bring them along or leave them home and maybe you'll meet new friends that will loan you their chargers

On 8/27/2017 at 4:13 PM, 182ray said:

Also check your communicator chargers & be sure to bring them along or leave them home and maybe you'll meet new friends that will loan you their chargers

True Dat!

LOL

GutZ

On 8/27/2017 at 6:47 PM, GT Rider said:

No batteries (chargers) required.

http://www.collett.mb.ca/commpower.html

Way ahead of you!

The one draw back is once the sled shuts off or you get off the sled you loose communications.

I think the guy who makes them is right here in Mass.

Later

Gut

Comm-Power.thumb.JPG.aacd4d9e2ebd05c3f7d7606b6354c3e8.JPG