America getting softer

iceman

Ridiculous all the political correctness and how everyone is so friggin offended by everything. Getting out of control. This is what's wrong with giving participation trophies. You end up with a future generation of cry babies, just great. Too much giving in to all these groups. I can understand removing the Confederate Flag from state Government buildings like happened last year, OK fine, but to now have to remove these Civil War Confederate statues is out of control, and you know something is sketchy when its done under the cover of night like in Baltimore.  Sorry just my opinion but its bullshit. What's next? 

Removing all the 9/11 memorials cause they offend muslims? 

IMG_1394.thumb.JPG.5540e7171d28a50feeca8c6a7bbb03eb.JPG

A friend sent the following to me,

"Half the presidents on Mt Rushmore were slave owners. When do we tear that down?  Twelve presidents of the USA were slave owners. Should we stop celebrating president's day?  How soon before we have to stop flying the American flag because it offends someone?  Where does it end?

The way I see that statue of General Lee is that it was part of American history and a reminder of how far we've come and a reminder of our past so as to never be repeated.

No place in any of our rules and laws does it say, "You have the right not to be offended."

All this political correctness is truly getting annoying.  Maybe every time a native American sees another building go up on the land we stole, they get offended?"

and I couldn't agree any more.

Edited by T3R3

This is a difficult topic for all of us, we will not agree on all the points made or any of them, I think it might be best if we don't air it in this form or forum.

"I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It", Voltaire (I believe)

We are all friends, let's try to keep it friendly.

GutZ

Maybe we need to all go to a safe space and sing kumbaya.

Forget it. The end is near. Hang on down there. 

Done. Sorry for bringing it up. Surely don't want to offend anyone god forbid. Oh wait maybe i should not mention god it could be offensive. 

Ice out. Merci Bonsoir

I'm not saying that, but just listening to people yesterday at work and it quickly descended to a very viscous bunch of people who would not listen to anyone elses side. I love to hear other sides of  issues and a good argument even if I dont agree as long we can still walk away friends and respect the others opinions. 

This was (At the Office) person to person and I think they quickly lost site of the fact that we can discuss things and hear other opinions and even possibly take something away from the other side.

So my point is\was a purely written question\point\answer posted online can be an extra layer causing confusion or the mis-interpretation of a conversation, since it seems even face to face people cant "Listen" to multiple sides without putting up walls or being offended.

Thanks

GutZ

President Trump could cure cancer and the press would tear him apart for taking so long to do it. Or they would accuse him of inventing it so he could take credit for curing it. Some F''ed up crap going on in the media, they are not there to tell the truth anymore only push their agenda. Best one I heard is the Dems were on track to win the election until after 5,  then all the republicans got off work and voted !

If we really had "journalists", we would know allot more about groups like 'Antifa'. For some reason, there is no investigative journalism anymore so unless you take initiative to look into some of this stuff on your own, you will never know what is REALLY going on. It is a very scary situation when so many are 'spoon fed' what "the media" want to put out there rather than present all the facts and let us form our own conclusions then let things fall where they may.

(This wouldn't seem political - just stating facts really.)

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54
additions

My turn....

I'm offended the weather is too warm for sledding.  Perhaps the gods will compensate by extending winter.  Okay I feel better now.

Seriously,  I can't believe how childish grown adults have become over this.  Ice is correct, once you reward failure it's over.

I just hope the snow isn't too white or the ice on the lakes isn't blue enough.  Well I don't care. I'm riding my new sled as many miles as I can. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

DO NOT USE the $1, $5, $10, $20, $50 or the $100 bills in your possession as they have pictures of former slave owners on them!

Send them all to me and I will dispose of them properly!!!  

I repeat, do not just throw them away!  They need to be disposed of properly and I am Certified to do so … thanks 

I bet they will take them in Quebec loop

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2017 at 11:42 AM, Pipeman said:

...Best one I heard is the Dems were on track to win the election until after 5,  then all the republicans got off work and voted !

Ooops!  Guess they popped the champagne corks too soon that night!

Oh, wait... I'm offended by champagne...