240Km New Trails North Of Lac St Jean!!!!

Andyman

The 240 km of Maria-Chapdelaine MRC trails ready to welcome snowmobilers

After several years of planning and field work, the integrating link of the Maria-Chapdelaine RCM, a vast snowmobile and quad trail, is ready for a first winter of operation.

Snowmobiling 240 km of MRC Maria-Chapdelaine trails ready to welcome snowmobilers

This means that nearly 240 km of trails will be available to snowmobile enthusiasts in the coming winter. It will thus be possible to cross the whole territory of the MRC, including the great rivers, summer and winter.

Since the implementation of the integrator link substantially increases the trail areas to be maintained, the Maria-Chapdelaine RCM will be involved, in concert with the local snowmobile clubs, in order to do so.

"Snowmobile clubs are ready to get involved. We will subsidize the acquisition of a surfacing machine and they will put a driver inside, "explained the prefect Jean-Pierre Boivin.

The MRC will thus make an investment of approximately $ 200,000, to allow the purchase of a resurfacing machine that meets the needs of the integrator link.

Since the trail is dotted with footbridges, to cross the main rivers of the territory, a machine meeting specific criteria, in particular in terms of weight, was necessary.

Tourism

With the integrating link now available, it is expected that the RCM will be able to reach a larger share of snowmobile tourism.

"The overflow on the Monts-Valin side will overflow with us, that's for sure," says the prefect.

He added that the development of the integrator link was a first phase of development and that, if possible, an offer of excursions to the North would be developed with private developers.

In the shorter term, several municipalities in the territory are also working on their own project to link to the integrator link, to benefit from the traffic generated by snowmobilers.  

Source: The Hebdo News 
Date: 2017-09-27 
Read full story ... 

I am at the Big East show in Syracuse and I looked at this year's map of the Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean region and it does not show 240 KMs of new trail on it.  It does show around 60 kms of new trail.  The new trail is from Milot to just north of Girardville, comes out between Girardville and the club house on 93.  To get to 240 kms I backed up to Onatchiway.  If you take the orange trail from Onatchiway to the Peribonka river and then to Milot and then to Girardville I get 240 KMs.  Now maybe this new trail is not on this years map yet.  However the trail from Milot to Girardville is new on the map.  Hopefully I am wrong but my gut tells me I'm not.  The FCMQ is next to us and I will ask them what they know when I get to the show this afternoon

Edited by Saguenay Bill

3 hours ago, Saguenay Bill said:

It does show around 60 kms of new trail.  The new trail is from Milot to just north of Girardville, comes out between Girardville and the club house on 93. 

That is exactly what the club President told me in Girardville at the Gas Station last season. 

6 hours ago, scorpionbowl said:

That’s not the trail, if it was, that loop would be about 2000km

No not the trail. But it is the Region they mention in the article. So it also includes the area just north of LSJ but with the Lac a’ Jim trail (93) and maybe there will be more to this. Time will tell. They talk of various foot bridges and needing a groomer not too heavy, so who knows. 

Edited by iceman

36 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

GROOM IT! 

AND I WILL RIDE IT!

In the meantime, looks like they're messing with the La Tuque groomer (or at least the beacon) right across the street at the sled crosswalk signal!...

59d005a36c62e_LaTuqueGroomer!.thumb.png.f7f8d0543e62175c7a6987defbbd7476.png

I love it, but what will it be like in 2 weeks?