On line trail permits

doo4adoo

6 minutes ago, doo4adoo said:

I see the FCMQ now has online available. I guess what we need from Groomer, Bill and maybe some others is the codes or club names to input so the money goes to the correct clubs per there site instructions.

Mike

https://fcmq.qc.ca/en/trail-permit/line-trail-permits/

hi doo4adoo !!!

01-116 for us ....

you can find it on the clubs lists on the fcmq site !!!

https://fcmq.qc.ca/en/clubs/clubs-lists/

jean-guy

you can't buy anymore online thru local clubs website. If you want to buy online you must go thru FCMQ website. Add $7.00 for shipping and handling. You can still buy your trail pass  the old fashion (person to person).

Ours is 13-786......you can view point of sale thru club website.Everything is there.

https://fcmq.qc.ca/en/clubs/clubs-lists/ass-reg-des-motoneigistes-de-la-haute-gatineau-les-ours-blancs-inc/

Actually, we come out ahead.  Before, online requests through our Club's (No. 766) website www.hillandgullyriders.com (currently under re-construction) were directed to my email.  I would fill out the trail pass and rush it off to the Post Office where I would pay roughly $12.00 (more if it went to the U.S.) to send it registered mail so that it could be tracked.  Add to that, the roughly $7.00 that PayPal dinged us for the pre-season sale price of $315, and you're looking at a $20.00 cost, more of less, per trail pass. That $20 came out of the $180 that we got to keep per pass sold (The remaining $135 went to cover off the cost of the liability insurance and the amount retained by the federation to finance its operations).  Under the new regime, we get to keep all $180 and don't have to do any of the paperwork or the running around distributing passes, gathering up passes, counting cash, trips to the bank, etc. etc..  It definitely takes a massive load of the shoulders of our beleaguered volunteers, and we're $20 to the good!

Edited by Gullyrider

22 hours ago, Gullyrider said:

Actually, we come out ahead.  Before, online requests through our Club's (No. 766) website www.hillandgullyriders.com (currently under re-construction) were directed to my email.  I would fill out the trail pass and rush it off to the Post Office where I would pay roughly $12.00 (more if it went to the U.S.) to send it registered mail so that it could be tracked.  Add to that, the roughly $7.00 that PayPal dinged us for the pre-season sale price of $315, and you're looking at a $20.00 cost, more of less, per trail pass. That $20 came out of the $180 that we got to keep per pass sold (The remaining $135 went to cover off the cost of the liability insurance and the amount retained by the federation to finance its operations).  Under the new regime, we get to keep all $180 and don't have to do any of the paperwork or the running around distributing passes, gathering up passes, counting cash, trips to the bank, etc. etc..  It definitely takes a massive load of the shoulders of our beleaguered volunteers, and we're $20 to the good!

Well that's GREAT news then !! You certainly don"t want the clubs to get less than what they get now. 

I know!  On a few other forums, they're squealing like stuck pigs over the $7.00 shipping and handling charge (less than the cost of a large beer at my local watering hole!), but none of those whiners seemed to mind when I had to jump in the truck and drive seven miles (one way)to my local post office to ensure that they got their cards in the mail within our club's delivery target of three days.  It's great not seeing any of that griping on this forum where folks value the efforts of volunteers!

In other news, I just received the first notification from the FCMQ regarding a direct deposit in our bank account from the sale of two trail passes. My wife (our treasurer) is ecstatic because the provincial and federal taxes have already been calculated and deducted (we eventually get them back).  If it continues like this, it will save her a world of pain and misery (huge cash deposits at the bank, hours doing bookwork, etc.).  There are still some teething problems, but we're really happy with this system so far ....

The online is SUPER EASY.  You can select the region and club you want right there.  It brings up a map where you see the clubs in the region, click on the one you want and done....  The $7 charge can be easily offset by getting the bank rate on the exchange.  FCMQ seems to have this one dialed.