Tell Me About New Brunswick

Fuse6

We travel from Ontario to Quebec each winter a couple times for our major sled tours. This year considering trip to NB to explore some new areas.

Heard there is some great trails in NB but there isn't the resources like QR to research NB. Know many of you from QR have travelled NB so wondering what your experience is. We did the Gaspe loop last winter so after that great experience have to compare it to the Gaspe.

Received the NB maps yesterday in the mail from nbfsc.  Looking the maps over looks like you could do a big loop of NB similar to a Gaspe trip but you never hear of this like we always hear about various multi day Quebec adventures. 

We did a tour on our Spyders this summer in NB, PEI, Cabot Trail/ NS.  Real nice topography in NB. Has to be some nice sled trails in those hills.

If we go would be a 4-5 day saddle bag  trip so we can cover some territory. 

Any NB trip may incorporate some travel through Quebec like have read many of you on here have done. Studying the NB map looks like a connecting trail between Quebec and Moose Valley. At Campellton it looks like the trails may not connect? Do you have to take a shuttle service there?

Thanks   Steve

There's a lot of good sledding in the Golden Triangle they call it .From Bathurst to Edmonston to Campbellton and towards Miramichi.Lots of lodges to stop at .I live in Nova Scotia and do most of our sledding out of Bathurst.Atlantic Host is great place to stay in Bathurst right on trail,indoor parking is available first come first serve.3 good days you could cover most of the area in the north.3 day pass is $75 i think.Check out bathursttrails.com 

Edited by PMAC

19 minutes ago, PMAC said:

There's a lot of good sledding in the Golden Triangle they call it .From Bathurst to Edmonston to Campbellton and towards Miramichi.Lots of lodges to stop at .I live in Nova Scotia and do most of our sledding out of Bathurst.Atlantic Host is great place to stay in Bathurst right on trail,indoor parking is available first come first serve.3 good days you could cover most of the area in the north.3 day pass is $75 i think.Check out bathursttrails.com 

HI PMAC

We rode the Cabot Trail on the Spyders this summer. Looking at the NS maps looks like a good trail system on the island.

Is it something to put on the bucket list for sledding?

Ya Cabot trail is a beautiful drive .The highlands is one of the only place in the province that always gets snow.A lot of people do off trail there.i live near Halifax and I always go to New Brunswick and into Quebec.Cape Breton isn't really set up for multi day tour by sled.A lot of people stay in Margaree or Baddeck and do day runs.I have done Cabot trail by our Spyder and motorcycle as well and very nice in the fall .