Insurance Rebate

smclelan

I just received my permit from Groomer and wanted to send in that I was going to decline the liability insurance.  I called the 1-800 number for Intact Insurance to get an English version of the form to fill out and send back.  A very nice English speaking lady gave me a web address to do it on line.  It is super easy and fast, only took 5 minutes and gone with an email receipt of them receiving it.  This is a very user friendly set up.  Hats off to Intact Insurance!

Type in: snowmobile.intact.ca  and open the on-line form.

This link was available last year and its tied into the FCMQ site as well. I and I know others on the site used it and usually had our checks back in a matter or just a few weeks at most

A lot easier & simpler than the previous system they had.

Mike

I question how many riders have the required $500,000 limit. I've owned an insurance agency for 34 years and most people want minimum limits, this could prove costly if you check the block verifying that you have required coverage. 

Personally for the 40some odd dollars I will keep the coverage that comes with the pass. Don't forget you are also buying legal defense when you buy a policy of insurance, how far does 40 bucks get you in an attorneys office?

1 hour ago, Phil 1 said:

I question how many riders have the required $500,000 limit. I've owned an insurance agency for 34 years and most people want minimum limits, this could prove costly if you check the block verifying that you have required coverage. 

Personally for the 40some odd dollars I will keep the coverage that comes with the pass. Don't forget you are also buying legal defense when you buy a policy of insurance, how far does 40 bucks get you in an attorneys office?

Right on Phil.   It’s an amazing bargain for $40 to keep their coverages in addition to our USA coverages.   Walk away & let the insurance companies litigate & subrogate on our behalf.  A no brainer indeed. 

6 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

This link was available last year and its tied into the FCMQ site as well. I and I know others on the site used it and usually had our checks back in a matter or just a few weeks at most

A lot easier & simpler than the previous system they had.

Mike

Forgot to send to decline last year. The $315 dollar permit seems a little less harsh when you get the $40 rebate.  There is no reduction in Canada for an exchange rate.  I can re-invest that saving back into evening cocktails when sitting in the bar lying about who had the fastest or most fuel efficient sled that day!!  

I could not agree more with Phil and Florida Snowman.  A bargain at twice the price.  For those of us from the USA don’t forget to get Canadian Non-Resident Insurance Cards formyur sled and tow vehicle as well!

On 11/15/2017 at 2:31 PM, Phil 1 said:

When I first saw this post I immediately went to the web site and read up on the procedure, "Great, this is going to be easy" I thought. Then I pulled out my policy, saw that I had only 100/300 coverage... Damn.

28 bucks,I guess I'll just have to buy one less round at Groomers Club House this winter!

19 minutes ago, PINKM1 said:

When I first saw this post I immediately went to the web site and read up on the procedure, "Great, this is going to be easy" I thought. Then I pulled out my policy, saw that I had only 100/300 coverage... Damn.

28 bucks,I guess I'll just have to buy one less round at Groomers Club House this winter!

Did you see this Jean Guy!!  Make sure you are there for the first round when you meet PINKM1 at the clubhouse.

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Did you see this Jean Guy!!  Make sure you are there for the first round when you meet PINKM1 at the clubhouse.

hahaha

well , waitress better let me know of the arrival of pinkm1 before you '' land ' there' first smlelan...

snowed a bit today !!!

jean-guy:drinks:

On 11/15/2017 at 2:31 PM, Phil 1 said:

hell I have 500k on the sled,  1.5 million umbrella and I still would leave the 500k on there as I'd rather a Canadian insurance company being involved if theres an issue.