CAA Quebec

Cnc

So I just found out CAA in Quebec now covers sleds and ATV's. Anyone hear of this or have it?Seems a bit vague on the coverage.  Towing seems to be limited to getting your sled to a road to be towed. Also mentions gas delivery but not sure if you need to run out by the road side or they plan on delivering on the trail.

https://www.caaquebec.com/en/manage-my-membership/caa-plus/

Yes I learned about it this summer when we were planning our Spyder trip to the east coast. Called CAA to be sure we had flat bed roll off service in case of any issues with the bikes. Lady told me about sled service in Quebec. Not available in Ontario or NB as far as I know.

Need to have CAA Plus. 100 miles or 160 km tow to your desired location. Will be a real benefit to sledders. I'm sure there is many parts of remote Quebec the logistics maybe a challenge. Will be interesting if you break down a long distance from a regular CAA Towing company if they will assist to have a more local company do the recovery.

This summer our daughter's car blew the engine on the highway in a very busy dangerous location. One of the Bandit highway tow trucks showed up immediately and the police office demanded he tow the vehicle vs waiting for the CAA  truck to arrive. CAA reimbursed us for the majority of the ridiculous towing charged by the other company. CAA people were wonderful to deal with.

Would be interesting to know if AAA members will be covered under this program?

I see a new Q.R. advertiser / supporter in the near future .....CAA. No better forum to spread  the word regarding their new  sled service in Quebec.

I liked the idea so much that I called today.  Unfortunately CAA Quebec is only available for Quebec residents, the lady referred me to my local AAA club. I mentioned the reason I was calling was for the plus membership that included sled and atv coverage and that I would be willing to pay the full amount just for the sled coverage alone. Again,  no go for US residents.  I told her they were missing a large part of the market due to the residence stipulation.  She assured me she would voice that concern at the next meeting. I won't hold my breath waiting for a rule change. I think 1 tow job of 100 miles alone would be worth $182 CDN. Sure you have to get the machine to a road accessible location to begin the recovery effort by CAA, but usually that is dooable if you know where the next road crossing is, and are able to convey that to the tow truck driver.

20170326_103530.jpg

11 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

I liked the idea so much that I called today.  Unfortunately CAA Quebec is only available for Quebec residents, the lady referred me to my local AAA club. I mentioned the reason I was calling was for the plus membership that included sled and atv coverage and that I would be willing to pay the full amount just for the sled coverage alone. Again,  no go for US residents.  I told her they were missing a large part of the market due to the residence stipulation.  She assured me she would voice that concern at the next meeting. I won't hold my breath waiting for a rule change. I think 1 tow job of 100 miles alone would be worth $182 CDN. Sure you have to get the machine to a road accessible location to begin the recovery effort by CAA, but usually that is dooable if you know where the next road crossing is, and are able to convey that to the tow truck driver.

20170326_103530.jpg

So 1/3 of us live with IceMan, a 1/3 with TrailBlazer and rest with Groomer!

GutZ

On 11/22/2017 at 6:48 AM, MrGutz said:

So 1/3 of us live with IceMan, a 1/3 with TrailBlazer and rest with Groomer!

GutZ

I see where this is going and don't see an issue.  Question is how much does it cost to adopt an American for a sled trip?  

Edited by hparaptor

Oh this could get bad quick....

You've seen the commercials ..... Sally Struthers...

For 1.50 a day or 250.00 USD a season you too can have your very own adopted American, you can choose a rider from any of the 50 states, they will post pictures and then in the middle of the night write meaningless dribble because they have indulged in too much of the local fair.... 

Your American will need housing, passports and to be fed on a regular basis, they sure can eat.....

GutZ