2017-2018 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

Well another year has passed and it’s time to get your trail passes and break out the hardware.

I must say so far some encouraging signs for November. Been fairly consistently cold and we have frost in the ground almost a foot in places(according to my excavation buddy). Icy mix all night and today here. With snow in many places already things are looking much different than last year. Now we wait and see.

Stay Tuned here for all the action and real news not “Fake”news. Be it Good or Bad. 

Standing by.

56 minutes ago, actionjack said:

A foot of frost.  Wow.  Thats a good start

The ground was very saturated so with the cold setting in it froze up nice. Big Big difference from last year this time. 

Nov 19

2c 

mix turned to snow before noon now a nice white coat of snow, not alot but ground covered and enough to have the roads being plowed along with parking lots etc. The snow removal crews getting their first action here. 

3F6A3737-45F3-4496-B579-555A5D253462.thumb.jpeg.32bdd5ef73f3a3ae3be4bdbd3f948aee.jpeg

Edited by iceman

Nov 25

icy mix yesterday in Shawinigan, I was in St.Tite all day and it was all snow all day about 2” then changed to rain around 4pm. 

Today 

5C ....RAIN, RAIN, and did I mention RAIN.  No joy today. 

Dec 1

1C    light snow overnight has turned everything white again. Not alot maybe 2”

its better than rain. Much more snow on ground as go north as usual. Hearing as of yesterday was close to 10” on ground near Parent, 

6912F806-538A-42CB-8031-160FCA6B2986.thumb.jpeg.5f3bbf47cecea7587a99418ecc16b4e8.jpeg

Edited by iceman

Dec 8

1C light flurries of snow on and off. Trending colder with maybe some real snow coming next week we shall see. 

Edited by iceman

10 Dec

-2c Snowing lightly not supposed to be alot but ever little bit helps. At least it’s all white again outside. Pretty sure no where near enough to have the groomer out yet. Not happening today. Calling for a significant snow Tuesday. We shall see. 

Soon Come. 

Dec 11

-14c cold this morning with another half inch or so of snow overnight, we have a winter storm watch for tomorrow. The pattern is looking pretty good for the next week for sure.

1 minute ago, iceman said:

Dec 12

-10c snow and wind it’s on!

It's coming your way. There's 5 inches of new stuff on the deck this morning here in Rochester ny.

8 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

So you are a glass half empty kinda guy...  ;)

I agree with you though....

No it’s my reverse psychology, if I believe it’s going to happen there’s not a chance so I have to a pessimist.   Like showing up in time for supper with a fork in my hand expecting that I would be fed ......pointless. Therefore I expect not to be fed and everything works out fine !  🍝🍷

2 hours ago, Pipeman said:

No it’s my reverse psychology, if I believe it’s going to happen there’s not a chance so I have to a pessimist.   Like showing up in time for supper with a fork in my hand expecting that I would be fed ......pointless. Therefore I expect not to be fed and everything works out fine !  🍝🍷

Lol. That was beyond my control.  This year you will be invited to sit at the head of the table. I will make sure belinda makes plenty this year!  

13 Dec

-8c still some light snow. Almost all over. Got close a good 12” hard to say with the wind blowing it around.. very cold tonight wind chill to -30c

795F113B-72AF-40B1-8E1E-9F4E1CFC1A1D.thumb.jpeg.cde99c462bc618d1961863b524490639.jpegADB37DB8-6A7B-40DC-8627-8625B01E1D18.thumb.jpeg.f9a4f1dcd0b571209c7c35b1283de5dc.jpeg

14 Dec

-16c wind chills of minus 29c overnight wicked cold. 

Just got home going to bed. Trucked the neige all night from 7:30pm to 8am. Gotta be back at 6pm tonight. And today is Mrs. Ice’s birthday, no festivities for me. She gets it, it’s all good. Getting aquatinted with the operation and learning all the streets of Trois Riveres at the same time. I will say nice working overnight a hell of a lot less idiots on the road. Nice Rig they gave the Rookie, Kenworth semi trailer, been 4 years since I drove the big rigs. Used to the 10&12 wheelers. No problem. 

Until next time.

Edited by iceman