2017-2018 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

On 1/15/2018 at 1:51 PM, iceman said:

Between Trappeur and Lac Edward was some flooding problems, friday, now ice. Club says it will be fixed by tmmrw. The end from Lac edward up thinner by the lake but it’s open

It was nice up to lac Eduard from  there up to LSJ pretty much ungroomed but plenty of snow

4 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

It was nice up to lac Eduard from  there up to LSJ pretty much ungroomed but plenty of snow

Thanks for the feedback, let me know how it us around the Lac.

31 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

WHITE GOLD, we are packing for a week starting Wednesday, usually my timing has us driving in the storm, guess we are lucky this time.

Where to?

Leave from St Michele to Repos, Katawana, up east of Haltaparche toward  Windigo, to Relay 22,  then to  Roberville.Not really sure which way we will go from there, maybe down 355 towards Lac Edward, Matawin river and then possibly back thru the park toward St Zenon, kind of a plan but you know how this can change during the ride, just looking for a good Quebec adventure to break in the new 850 backcountry, hopefully not break down, still on my mind after decades with Yamaha.

4 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Leave from St Michele to Repos, Katawana, up east of Haltaparche toward  Windigo, to Relay 22,  then to  Roberville.Not really sure which way we will go from there, maybe down 355 towards Lac Edward, Matawin river and then possibly back thru the park toward St Zenon, kind of a plan but you know how this can change during the ride, just looking for a good Quebec adventure to break in the new 850 backcountry, hopefully not break down, still on my mind after decades with Yamaha.

Awesome. 1000 trouble free miles so far with Snohorse’s 850 BC great mileage too. 

Got into Drakkar yesterday and did a quick 115 mile ride east.  Trails were in great shape plenty of snow. Passed a groomer around 4pm on trail 3.  Cold but beautiful day.  

IMG_3462.JPG

We did some loops.  Yesterday we went west on 23 to le cabanon. Never saw 23 so nice.  Saw iceman there with his better half.  From there went up 345 went over the dam.  Then took 360 to m19 and down the river back to shawinigan.  Trails were showing a little wear at the end of the day but nothing too bad.  23 was beautiful!!

• 3 weeks later...

Belinda and I are heading into Shawinigan early tomorrow morning.  Some of the group are getting there later this afternoon.  Our group is taking up all of Drakkar I think. Lol. There will be 14-16 of us.  We are not riding as one group!  I was wondering how much damage was done the past few days.  I see this evening the cool down is coming and even a possible few inches of snow Friday evening.  From those in the area (Don) how does it look?  Was there more rain to the east or the west?  I will look at the grooming maps before heading out but was curious which direction got the worst weather.  Thanks. 

Don, if you and your wife would like to join my group (only 4-5) for a day ride we would be glad to have you.  

That's right.  I do see colder weather for the next 4 days so Im hoping not too much damage was done.  If the groomers can get out at night it will set the trails up great for the day.  And hopefully low traffic.