Suggested Tour guide?

Pipeman

I have 4-5 guys that live in Charlotte North Carolina who want to fly into Quebec and do a guided tour they will need clothing snowmobiles all of that they are probably 35 years old on average looking for a fun trip, any clue who you would recommend? I have found Bon voyage tours and Nord expedition thus far.  Thank you for your help !

What is their riding experience ?

What kinda miles a day ?

types of hotels ?

7 minutes ago, schooter said:

What is their riding experience ?

What kinda miles a day ?

types of hotels ?

Zero riding experience but fit and Military backgrounds. I would guess 150 miles a day. Upscale lodging.   Thanks for the replies so far 👍

I don't know about that,  you want to watch them people who live in North Carolina....Trust me I live there!!!!!!

On a serious note though I talked to a guy who went through a place out of Montreal. The guide set them up with everyting. The guys had a great time outside of slow traveling. The guides stick to the 70km speed limit. Unfortunatly i dont know the guy i talked to. I just happen to talk to him in Lowes one day.

How much does it pay? $$$$$$$

I’ll take em for a ride. Easy peasy, fly into QC city, they get to St. Raymond get everything they need at Dion Moto and we’re off. 

Or Montreal then out of Shawinigan Maximum Adventure rents sleds and gear. 

I could easily put it together for the right price. 

Any other tour group and for sure will be with others not a private tour. Just my 2cents. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

How much does it pay? $$$$$$$

I’ll take em for a ride. Easy peasy, fly into QC city, they get to St. Raymond get everything they need at Dion Moto and we’re off. 

Or Montreal then out of Shawinigan Maximum Adventure rents sleds and gear. 

I could easily put it together for the right price. 

Any other tour group and for sure will be with others not a private tour. Just my 2cents. 

Careful what you wish for ! I thought of offering the same thing but if a sled breaks or they wreck one how will you get another to them etc...?

37 minutes ago, Saguenay Bill said:

Wes

I have a friend who does tours out of te 4 Points Hotel in Quebec City.  If you want his name and phone # let me know.

Bill

Yes Bill please give me the info and thank you!

14 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

Careful what you wish for ! I thought of offering the same thing but if a sled breaks or they wreck one how will you get another to them etc...?

Been there done that and got the t-shirt. Wherever you rent from will provide support. They will bring a replacement sled to next hotel. It’s not that complicated. You will know in first hour what kind of group you got. If they get it then fine if not it’s a long 4-5 days of babysitting. Again trust me on that. 

Edited by iceman

5 minutes ago, iceman said:

Been there done that and got the t-shirt. Wherever you rent from will provide support. They will bring a replacement sled to next hotel. It’s not that complicated. You will know in first hour what kind of group you got. If they get it then fine if not it’s a long 4-5 days of babysitting. Again trust me on that. 

Need a helper, got experience with newbies.

35 y/o with military background, your biggest challenge would be keeping them slowed down and on the trail.  That said they could follow direction very well and could be awesome penguins to tour around.  An Iceman tour would end up being the first of many snowmobile adventures for them.

14 hours ago, wulsock1 said:

I don't know about that,  you want to watch them people who live in North Carolina....Trust me I live there!!!!!!

On a serious note though I talked to a guy who went through a place out of Montreal. The guide set them up with everyting. The guys had a great time outside of slow traveling. The guides stick to the 70km speed limit. Unfortunatly i dont know the guy i talked to. I just happen to talk to him in Lowes one day.

The place he might of used was this one.http://royallaurentien.com/en/rates-and-conditions/ North of Montreal by about 1.25 hrs. On the petit train de Nord around st Agathe.Not much sled activity in Montreal unless that was where the office was. There is another out of Mt Tremblant Qc. I think both are more geared to one day outings but, who knows what can be arranged.

1 hour ago, Greg du Vermont said:

I vote for Iceman and Trail Blazer on an easy ride to Havre St Pierre

Load em up let’s go. As long as I got Team Vermont too. 

Thank you very much to everybody for your contact information and helpful comments. I think we have it figured out now and I have the resources and contact info if anything changes , thanks again. I  know for sure that they will have a blast in Quebec regardless  and if I was to pick for them it would be a small Iceman or Bill’s friend for me as I think that would offer a lot more fun and personable trip !