Tow Machine for Snow Machines

Teet F8SP

On 12/6/2017 at 6:50 PM, Sled Dog said:

Am I the only one with a RAM??!!

2016 Ram sport.

IMG_3873.JPG

Sweet garage

32X40.  Perfect size for me.  Drains in the floor for melted snow.  Heats up pretty quick but I now keep it at 53 degrees all winter....for the dog!  Wouldn't want him to get cold!

And thanks!

Last year I bought a '16 Ram 1500 with the Hemi, white in color. My second Ram now. I could not be more pleased with this truck. The smooth ride from the coil springs, the quiet cab, great handling and the very good gas mileage.  The mpg started out horrible, then after about 5,000 miles it kept climbing. I now get 22 mpg on the road and 16-17 in town. And I have a big smile every time I tromp down on the accelerator!

mike

Nice trucks fellas, when I read the title I expected to see some fire breathing long paddle track machine with a boom and hook out the back!

2 hours ago, Cnc said:

Nice trucks fellas, when I read the title I expected to see some fire breathing long paddle track machine with a boom and hook out the back!

Haha its fake news...  I always notice how many sweet truck are pulling trailers with sleds so its all part of the fun. Lots of nice trucks so far and it will allow people to ask others how certain ones perform if they may be in the market. 

12 hours ago, Sled Dog said:

32X40.  Perfect size for me.  Drains in the floor for melted snow.  Heats up pretty quick but I now keep it at 53 degrees all winter....for the dog!  Wouldn't want him to get cold!

And thanks!

Nice working area!

On 12/9/2017 at 1:15 AM, Sled Dog said:

And thanks!

I wish I had a garage.....

So the rest of you don't stand in the cold back yard and tinker?

GutZ

41 minutes ago, Ike said:

Upgraded this year.

tumblr_inline_oyrtivegV91qhsczb_540.jpg

I am all for customizing but this is what happens when you breed a station wagon with a VW bus..  Thats a pumpmobile, leaking fluids so fast you cant leave the service station pump.

On December 5, 2017 at 7:35 PM, Teet F8SP said:

Like most here, I'm getting excited for the winter to come and have some high hopes for a good season with epic snow!  

Have my eyes on a new sled for this year but a truck came first, picked out a new Ford F250.  There are some things I want to do such as better tires, tint, air ride for back, list is growing fast but really excited about the new F250 diesel coming from a bunch of F150s for many years.  Should make for a comfy trip to/from quebec with massaging heated seats if nothing else... ; )

Post up pics of trucks and trailers HERE as we all get them ready for the snow tow season.  

IMG_6963.JPG.d23c8fc98a089b3a1414aa2b92cadf47.JPGIMG_6962.JPG.ded1177e5b56d68af424640bccee3980.JPG

Nice ride !! you won't be disappointed I love my '06 F250. I wouldn't waste the money on airbags it's not a 150 it won't squat unless you're dragging something thats extremely heavy. I've had a little over 1 ton of sand in mine and no issue.

Z

On December 6, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Phil 1 said:

Now before you fall on the floor laughing I have had other members here chase me from the USA to RDL and were unable to catch me, that was a big Ford diesel. 

That new Ford is quite beautiful thought. 

IMG_3776.JPG

IMG_3777.JPG

Yea not happening!! Even if you are just pulling that tiny little trailer. One reason is I don't have to stop for fuel, I have an extra 100 gals in the bed that feeds into the main fuel tank gives me a little more than 1600 miles without stopping. 

On December 7, 2017 at 8:03 AM, Limesqueezeaxys said:

I'm ready for you this year! Added another turbo just in case. 🤣🤣

IMG_20170803_164557715.jpg

Very very nice:good:

Edited by gun-driver

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2017 at 9:16 AM, Phil 1 said:

April 7, 2016 last truck in the corral at RDL. I use a 2003 Honda Pilot bought new currently has 143,000 miles and runs like a top. I pull a 2008 Triton 12' clamshell trailer. Now before you fall on the floor laughing I have had other members here chase me from the USA to RDL and were unable to catch me, that was a big Ford diesel. 😉 Actually have been truck shopping but having a hard time writing the check for somewhere North of $50,000 on a depreciating asset. 

That new Ford is quite beautiful thought. 

IMG_3776.JPG

IMG_3777.JPG

I agree on the price tag today.

In the past I've had several diesel rigs. I've changed my ways 2009 Nissan titan. More than enough power for the three place loaded. Agreed I have to add one more tank of fuel . I don't care good excuse for me to  walk of some discomfort from sitting.

My problem with Gas was I put on 55K-60K miles a year and after 2 years the $65K gasser is worth $25K at best.  With the diesel it still has plenty of life left after 120K.  Not saying you cant run gassers over 200K but their value is shot after 100K.  

The new diesel 6.7 powerstroke is quieter and doesn't spit plumes of blake smoke that stink.  Thats what had kept me from getting one 10yrs ago...

When I feel discomfort from sitting/driving I just turn on the massaging seats :good:

Ride safe everyone!