Sad news to announce

ckf

It saddens me to announce the untimely death of our founder and friend, Rob, has passed away. I don't know all of the details, but they think he may have had a heart attack sometime on either Monday or Tuesday. After not hearing from him via email since Monday afternoon I sent a FB message to one of his neighbors this morning asking if they could stop by to check on him. When I got a reply asking what my phone number was I knew it wasn't going to be good.

RIP my friend :sad:

rob.jpg

That’s a real shame to hear , I remember way back when he started the whole forum mostly for helping us owners of the Firecat F7 ! He was a great asset to snowmobilers and will be missed. RIP

Edited by Pipeman

Very sad to hear this. I’m sure many of us have no idea the debt we truly owe to Rob for all he did through the years for snowmobiling. I know he wasn’t as active in the sport in recent years but he was always “behind the curtain”. 

Thank you for everything Rob. You will be missed. 

R.I.P.  

Sad news for sure, Rob was a well known arieal photographer around there's parts for years . I always enjoyed his YouTube channel showing the changing seasons around northern new England and a lot from around his place at Coles pond with his drone footage ( Robert Lyons on YouTube)

I did get to meet him a few times back a bunch of years ago when he was on his red Renegade at Chapelle and a year or so,later at the Holiday inn/Delta.  I brought up that I'd seen his arieal work, that in those days were from a small airplane and had a good chat about how all that worked for him .  I am a subscriber to his channel and will miss the notification "new YouTube video from Robert Lyons" and the FB Coles pond weather cam too . 

RIP Rob 

Very sad indeed although I’ve never met the gentleman we did exchange emails on a few occasions sharing the loss of both of our wives to cancer. It saddens me greatly to hear of his passing. RIP Mr. Lyons.

Met Rob a few times at the HI, very sorry to hear he passed. He gave me the name Phil 1 when I was locked out of the site. 

R I P Rob, back with his wife. 😔

Sad news indeed. Never had the chance to meet him in person although we did exchange several e-mails when He was thinking of creating a bilingual board of discussion as what we know now as QuébecRider. He asked me to help him with translation and if I wanted to be a moderator. I was more than happy to be a teammate in the birth of this site....

RIP Rob.......

Sad news about his passing.

I met Rob once with Bill at the Delta and he seemed like a great guy.

I owe him for all the Friends he's given me here.

But now we may have an "In" when it comes to controlling the weather from above!

Thank You

GutZ

Always sad to hear of the loss of a fellow snowmobile enthusiast. I have never met the man nor did I know until reading this the thank you I and others owe him for this forum. My sympathies to his family and friends.