Ice’s new ride

iceman

Looks like a nice ride,      But I think it might be high maintenance!

28 minutes ago, Triggerhappy said:

I am assuming the tunnel was painted (not powder coated)?  What else has been done so far?  Looking good. 

Sled was stripped down and Tunnel was sprayed with Line-X  bedliner. No paint it will just rub off. This will not. Powdercoat certainly would have been great but not taking the thing completely apart for that. I wanted a black tunnel to set mine apart from the others. 

It’s friggin awesome. Tomorrow they start to put her back together. Still got to switch out the track and mount up all my other accessories. 

2 hours ago, iceman said:

Sled was stripped down and Tunnel was sprayed with Line-X  bedliner. No paint it will just rub off. This will not. Powdercoat certainly would have been great but not taking the thing completely apart for that. I wanted a black tunnel to set mine apart from the others. 

It’s friggin awesome. Tomorrow they start to put her back together. Still got to switch out the track and mount up all my other accessories. 

I was wondering because it didn't look like paint.   Nice. 

2 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

How about you Tom, are you updating this year?

Hi Jean-Guy,

This will be my last year riding my 2013 Apex XTX.   I plan to spring order a new ride for the following winter.   Yamaha?  SkiDoo?   Going to demo ride various long tracks this winter to decide.  

When are you hitting the trails?  Probably today at your cottage I bet!

1 hour ago, Florida Snowman said:

Hi Jean-Guy,

This will be my last year riding my 2013 Apex XTX.   I plan to spring order a new ride for the following winter.   Yamaha?  SkiDoo?   Going to demo ride various long tracks this winter to decide.  

When are you hitting the trails?  Probably today at your cottage I bet!

During the holidays

9 hours ago, iceman said:

No, they are custom made turnouts. 

You may want to make sure there isn't too much heat next to the Roto pack it will ignite your afterburners..

Very nice look with the black tunnel and probably good skid proof surface too!!

Two interesting handling features on this unit: 

• NEW YRSS Yamaha Reactive Suspension System
    This exclusive Yamaha technology connects the two front shock absorber bodies hydraulically. Oil flows between the shocks through a YRSS control unit that affects damping and volume transfer based on the movement and forces generated at each ski. This system helps control lateral roll without compromise to bump compliance and comfort. The net result is an overall improvement in ride quality with more precise handling over conventional shock absorbers which must compromise ride comfort for roll stability using independent damping calibration and stiff springs.
  • Yamaha Performance Dampers
    Exclusive Yamaha technology, the Performance Damper is designed for exceptional overall chassis performance by harnessing unwanted chassis vibration and distortion. The Performance Damper captures unwanted chassis energy resulting in exceptional control and comfort with remarkable high-speed stability and tracking through rutted and chatter bump filled corners.

Normally the smart move is to not swing at the first pitch and wait at least a year on new tech.  But they've worked these both out on other (non-snow) vehicles. And there won't be a next year. Maybe they'll lend these to the Yama'cats?