Ice’s new ride

iceman

4 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Normally the smart move is to not swing at the first pitch and wait at least a year on new tech.  But they've worked these both out on other (non-snow) vehicles. And there won't be a next year. Maybe they'll lend these to the Yama'cats?

Nice!  I will be curious to hear how it works.

19 hours ago, Teet F8SP said:

You may want to make sure there isn't too much heat next to the Roto pack it will ignite your afterburners..

Very nice look with the black tunnel and probably good skid proof surface too!!

Not a problem got over 50,000 miles of use with a setup like this not an issue. 

15 hours ago, iceman said:

Not a problem got over 50,000 miles of use with a setup like this not an issue. 

At first I thought you filled the rotopack with water and placed it next to your exhaust so you could have hot coco trailside, haha!  

Is the exhaust louder with that setup? 

11 hours ago, Teet F8SP said:

At first I thought you filled the rotopack with water and placed it next to your exhaust so you could have hot coco trailside, haha!  

Is the exhaust louder with that setup? 

No not at all louder. 

49 minutes ago, vt_bluyamaha54 said:

Looks great Don! Interesting idea to spray the tunnel with the pickup bed liner material. No more dull gray aluminum and - like you said - a distinctive look.

Its Sharp. Love it!

They are a great sled

what are you going to run for skis or carbides?

when i had my 06 an 07 sno trackers were the way to go. I couldn’t believe at the time how Yamaha could sell a sled the way it darted but wow with a set of snotrackers it was fabulous.  I demo,d one with power steering one spring and i thing Grumpy was there in Rigaud. The next rider took it and wrapped it around a tree. The sounds of that motor is sweet!

12 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

what are you going to run for skis or carbides?

I run the Tuner Ski that come with it. Not an issue if you dial your sled in. I do run a snow-tracker set-up on the Tuners. Worked great on my 2014

On 12/21/2017 at 9:46 AM, iceman said:

I run the Tuner Ski that come with it. Not an issue if you dial your sled in. I do run a snow-tracker set-up on the Tuners.

:good:

After LOTS of sleds & lots of miles on Simmons I was skeptical but this setup works!

Just the Snow-tracker runners, fit right onto the Yammi Tuners.

And quite a bit easier to find spare stuff on the trail if/when needed!