Ice scratchers

Mid Range

Hi Mid Range,

Those are the ones we have been using on our Renegades.  Just make sure they are mounted so you can clip or tie them to the rails when you are not using them.  Also, lift them up before crossing the railroad tracks.  They will hook the rail and snap the bolt off of the mount.

Jack & Sandi

4 minutes ago, revct1 said:

Hi Mid Range,

Those are the ones we have been using on our Renegades.  Just make sure they are mounted so you can clip or tie them to the rails when you are not using them.  Also, lift them up before crossing the railroad tracks.  They will hook the rail and snap the bolt off of the mount.

Jack & Sandi

I would buy the eyelet supports. https://www.qualipieces.com/k03-8003/set-2-eyelet-support-trailblizzer

thanks for the advice about railroad tracks. I am thinking about the 83 in Parent, Clova etc

I use these on my sleds. They are great

you get what you pay for well worth the $$$ very nicely built. Solid.

https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/suspensions-and-parts/ice-scratchers/between-the-lines-ice-scratcher-duraflex

Edited by iceman

9 hours ago, revct1 said:

Just make sure they are mounted so you can clip or tie them to the rails when you are not using them. 

Jack......did you have to drill holes on the skidrail or you used the ones from the factory?

7 hours ago, iceman said:

I use these on my sleds. They are great

you get what you pay for well worth the $$$ very nicely built. Solid.

https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/snowmobile/suspensions-and-parts/ice-scratchers/between-the-lines-ice-scratcher-duraflex

They aren't cheap indeed  but would come a lil cheaper than the trailblizzer ones + the hooks.

2 questions Iceman!!

- Did you have to drill holes in the skidrail? if so how many on each side?

- Did you install any hooks on the skidrail when not in use?

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Mid Range said:

They aren't cheap indeed  but would come a lil cheaper than the trailblizzer ones + the hooks.

2 questions Iceman!!

- Did you have to drill holes in the skidrail? if so how many on each side?

- Did you install any hooks on the skidrail when not in use?

Thanks!

My Yamaha Apex’s have all had an empy hole in rail on skid bolted them right on.

one scratcher each side. 

When not in use on mine they hook right back onto the rail on skid and stay there, I’m sure other sleds will need a bolt or hook to hold them. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

My Yamaha Apex’s have all had an empy hole in rail on skid bolted them right on.

one scratcher each side. 

When not in use on mine they hook right back onto the rail on skid and stay there, I’m sure other sleds will need a bolt or hook to hold them. 

I've been running those also for around 6 years.Took them off my last sled and put them on my current ride.No worries about reverse or railroad tracks.

1 hour ago, iceman said:

yeah......might need some hooks on the r-motion.

10 hours ago, Mid Range said:

Jack......did you have to drill holes on the skidrail or you used the ones from the factory?

Depending on how you mount them you may have to drill because the trailblizzer has a two bolt mount for each scratcher.  The Kimpex has a one bolt mount.  The two bolt mount keeps the scratcher from rotating.  The Kimpex may not rotate but the second bolt insures that.  Other than the mount, both companies scratchers are almost identical.

When not in use, I hook the scratchers over the rail and tie them with a short piece of safety wire.  I've been meaning to put eyelets on but haven't yet.

Jack & Sandi

The Dura a Flex Ice Scratchers work great, I think any cable style scratcher ( some other brands out there now ) should work just fine.  Here is a new item out there i just purchased that others might be interested in. On my 2017 Polaris Switchback there is not much, if any room to mount. Many other brands may have this problem. Check these out. Going to make for a clean install with no drilling. 

Just installed, check it out. 

https://www.onerigdesign.com/scratcher-skid-block

20180121_121103.jpg

Edited by motonick
adding photo

Had them on 1st time last year. Results were amazing went from throwing bogies and wiped out hyfax, to zero wear last yr. Gotta make sure they are super tight on slide rail. My riding bud lost one of his. Even with just the one he still had  very little hyfax wear.

You can get em on Amazon as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Between-Lines-Designs-Dura-Scratchers/dp/B008YFSH44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513639286&sr=8-1&keywords=dura+flex+ice+scratchers

20 hours ago, motonick said:

The Dura a Flex Ice Scratchers work great, I think any cable style scratcher ( some other brands out there now ) should work just fine.  Here is a new item out there i just purchased that others might be interested in. On my 2017 Polaris Switchback there is not much, if any room to mount. Many other brands may have this problem. Check these out. Going to make for a clean install with no drilling. 

https://www.onerigdesign.com/scratcher-skid-block

Nice and clean! Looks like they are 3D printed.