current trail reports

viper2

thanks i do know the site and i have been checking it out.i just wondered if maybe anyone had any first hand info on any rough sections,detours,etc.

Did a short 4 day trip this week. 5 from RDL to Matane was in good shape all the way - unusual in my experience. Mantane to New Richmond via 595 again was the best I've seen it. It's necessary to travel a road for several miles which might be a problem if there is warm weather. NR to Amqui was excellent except for a ten mile or so stretch just before Point-a-la-croix. Amqui back to RDL via 587 and 579 was good as well. Was talking to people who had made the entire loop and they advised the north-east sector was in bad shape. Anytime I've ever passed that way it was always rough so I guess that's not too unusual.

Just got back from a route 5 loop all around the Gaspe Saturday and here is my take on conditions:

Cross Point to Matane: Excellent before the weekend, Good after. Grooming once a week.

Matane to St Anne: Ditto

St Anne to Petit Vallee: Fair to Good at best. Trails got ahead of them and have hard bumps that are not getting groomed out. Grooming once a week.

Petit Vallee to Perce: Fair to Poor. Trails are ahead of them, occassional grooming, trails not trimmed back. These clubs need help!!!

Perce to Cross Point: The interstate...great. Smooth hard base and trails stay good, even with use.

My advice is to avoid the northeast and head south on 595 which is always great unless there is a lot of snow.