Windshield

Shore1066

One of my boys I ride with after being harassed by others that have new sleds went out and bought a ZR 8000 snow pro. Well it came with the short windshield and I want to get him the mid size one for Christmas or really so he doesn't freeze. I want to know what the Cat riders suggest.  Thx

We put the tallest one you can get from Cat on the wife’s sled. She just got a new zr6000. You have to driil 2 holes to mount it. Be careful cause where the holes seem to want to be interferes with the headlight plastic in the back. You will see what I mean if you do it. 

I ride with the extra tall windshield for those cold days in Quebec .

typically there are three sizes 

thong style

midsize cover up

extra tall Parka style (my preference)

schooter

I have always put the very largest windshield on as well as have a pair of gators on board for the handle bars, just put an extra high 26 inch windshield on a 2018 850 back country. Cold hands and feet most definitely ruin your day. It has always amazed me to see sleds with little to no windshield, my friend was in real danger on his Mack Z 1000 touring the Gaspe a few years ago, it was -40 for a few days, no place for a small windshield!!

I agree on the biggest you can  get he wants to look cool. I think it's cover up size. I went through that small windshield in Gaspe once too. Not funny. Thanks guys. be safe.

We rented a sled 2 years ago that a Thong on , We got 5 miles from the dealer and went back and asked for a taller one .

I would recommend either the 21 or 25 inch tall windshield. I had it installed on my 18 Viper LTX DX  right out of the crate. Short windshield will allow wind to cut through any helmet, and you could end up with very serious frost bite. I saw it happen to a very stubborn friend who thought it was really " COOL "  to have that race look.