permit placement

zrtkat

Hey Greg,

You need to put it o the left side.  Typically where it can be seen easily at a glance. I put mine on the left side of the tunnel. I put it on my windshield before and then had to replace the shield that same year. I had to cut out the piece to save the sticker and carry it with me.

Snowshark

Edited by snowshark

I have been putting mine on the tunnel towards the rear, left side so me feet won’t hit them but can be seen while I’m sitting on the sled. Actually I have been putting all my permits, Vermont and Massachusetts on the tunnel towards rear. I’m afraid if putting on windshield or side panel as those parts are easily removed and then your screwed. I have been through checkpoints in both Quebec and Vermont and haven’t been told they where wrong

Edited by SkippyDoo

I thought the directions on the permit say to put on the front left side of cowl?  I may be wrong.  But check them out.

I also don't put on windshield because it may be replaced or damaged.

They keep telling us to place them on the left side of the cab. Once upon a time ago we would put them on the windshields and just swap windshields from sled to sled, we started doing that after they abolished the family pass. Like I said many moons ago, anyway the passes today are registered to each sled so that takes that out of the equation.

Last season someone ripped mine off the sled at Réal Masse’s, another reason to avoid the St.Zenon area and for what purpose who knows, my best guess someone wanted to be an asshole and make me pay 30$ for a replacement.

If you’re getting through the check points with them on the tunnel great for you but ideally they should be on the left side of the cab where they can be easlily visible by the officials, tunnels get filled with snow.

Over the years I have put them on the left side of the cab in a very visible location. Most times I just get waved through a check point or when I meet a patrol guy on the trail with out a real stop. Last two years I put them on a little less visible part of my windshield because the bumpy satin finish of my cab was less than great for sticking. May be coincidental but I have been stopped twice for a more formal stop because they could not see the trail pass at first glance.

Edited by Cnc

23 minutes ago, Cnc said:

Over the years I have put them on the left side of the cab in a very visible location. Most times I just get waved through a check point or when I meet a patrol guy on the trail with out a real stop. Last two years I put them on a little less visible part of my windshield because the bumpy satin finish of my cab was less than great for sticking. May be coincidental but I have been stopped twice for a more formal stop because they could not see the trail pass at first glance.

This speaks volumes. 

I hate to put these big ugly stickers on the hood of a new $14K machine but its better than the TWO bigger uglier NY registration stickers that go on the hoods!  The tunnels get covered in snow more frequently than not and your leg or gear could block the view of the pass.  I would think the windshield would be best because you can see if from the front, oncoming left or right...  I thought wrong and will have to find a better spot on the left hood.

Edited by Teet F8SP

3 hours ago, Teet F8SP said:

I hate to put these big ugly stickers on the hood of a new $14K machine but its better than the TWO bigger uglier NY registration stickers that go on the hoods!  The tunnels get covered in snow more frequently than not and your leg or gear could block the view of the pass.  I would think the windshield would be best because you can see if from the front, oncoming left or right...  I thought wrong and will have to find a better spot on the left hood.

It could be worse Teet F8SP, the same sled could have been purchased in Canada and be a $17K machine!!