2018 Jack & Sandi's trips

revct1

On 12/30/2017 at 8:55 PM, MichiganRev said:

Great pic Don. Looks like a sneak peek photo making you wonder "what are they coming out with now"

Thanks its the 1330 ACE Turbo, if you look towards the back you'll see the sticker, so it's real!!

GutZ

On 12/31/2017 at 8:52 PM, SkippyDoo said:

Thanks Jack and Sandy and the gutz Bros for letting me tag along today. The ride today finished up a great week of riding with just a little under 900 miles total. 

No Problem, we were just trying to keep up with Sandy!

GutZ

On 12/31/2017 at 4:05 AM, SnomoGary said:

Don...... so long as it's not Houston we have a problem LOL
Have a brilliant time see you soon
Gary and Pat...

Not this Time!!

Unless you count -20f or No-Hair's brand new face shield port not working at "Le GIANT"!! he got us again!!!

GutZ

4 hours ago, revct1 said:

Where do you want to go on our next trip Sandi?  Maybe RDL?  Is anybody going to be out there say the weekend of Jan 13th & 14th?

Good riding to all and be safe.

Jack & Sandi

The mayor of RDL (mikerider) lands there this weekend and I'm meeting up with him on the 12th for the week. Hope we can catch up!

Terry

Edited by SnowCrazed

To everyone else that has been following us, it has been our pleasure to post such great conditions.   Some years it is a little thin in December but this year is the best in many.  You have to get up here and ride.

The forecast for the next seven days is a little milder but with measurable snow almost each day.  It will only make the riding better.

Until next trip, enjoy the ride.

Jack & Sandi

• 1 month later...

We were up at Lac St Jean last weekend, Jan 25th thru the 29th.  It turned out to be a little hectic and I didn't get a chance to post.  So here is a quick overview.

We planned on trucking to St Raymond, riding up to the Lac for a few days and then back to St Raymond.  Reservations were made and we are good to go, we thought.  We stop at Valcourt to get the trailer and sleds, that's where they live for the season, and Sandi's 1200 antifreeze leak isn't fixed.  We managed to "borrow" a sled for Sandi for the weekend.  Thursday afternoon and we are off to St Raymond.

Now I don't want to have the truck in St Ray and us at the Lac in case something happens to my sled or to the borrowed sled.  Change of plans and we truck to the Lac Friday morning.  Make some changes with the hotel reservations.

Friday we take a short ride in the afternoon to Relais du Lac.  Friday night we see Bill, FarmerOld, Daniel, Snobeeler, and many others.  Its good to see everyone.

Saturday we ride to Milot for lunch with FarmerOld and Tammy.  The trails are great.  Sunday we run down 83 to L'Anse St Jean.  83 is perfect.  Monday the map shows 93 has been groomed to La Chappel.  I haven't seen 93 this good in a long time.  Tuesday off to the blueberry fields.  This area I really like.  A nice variety of riding and not much traffic.  Wednesday we drive back to CT.

Below is a pic of the sled Sandi managed to get her hands on.  This is the third year on her 1200 and we only keep them for three years so it is her time to get a new one.  This may be the one.  Is she going back to a two stroke?  She really likes the feel of the sled.  Pic near La Chappel.

5a760dde37040_2018600MXZwithSandi.JPG.ad9722fa2755beb60cfba4fed9a5c542.JPG

Pic behind the Delta.

5a760e42ae3cd_2018600MXZsideview.JPG.dc870430e8b6214dc179d5d52ee2f053.JPG

Time will tell but this one is at the top of her list today.

Jack & Sandi

7 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

Blueberry fields?

You've been there Phil.  Trails 367 and 328 around Labrecque, L'Acension to St Monique.  Some really fine flat riding but stay on the trails so we don't ruin the blueberries.

Jack & Sandi

Got you, I don't go off trail unless it is obvious that it doesn't matter.

Whis winter is giving no me fits I may not get North in February, 😢Hope to do two March trips to make up. Maybe a very late March / April one, it's a roll of the dice but last year it was good into mid April and there was no one there. 

3 hours ago, revct1 said:

We were up at Lac St Jean last weekend, Jan 25th thru the 29th.  It turned out to be a little hectic and I didn't get a chance to post.  So here is a quick overview.

We planned on trucking to St Raymond, riding up to the Lac for a few days and then back to St Raymond.  Reservations were made and we are good to go, we thought.  We stop at Valcourt to get the trailer and sleds, that's where they live for the season, and Sandi's 1200 antifreeze leak isn't fixed.  We managed to "borrow" a sled for Sandi for the weekend.  Thursday afternoon and we are off to St Raymond.

Now I don't want to have the truck in St Ray and us at the Lac in case something happens to my sled or to the borrowed sled.  Change of plans and we truck to the Lac Friday morning.  Make some changes with the hotel reservations.

Friday we take a short ride in the afternoon to Relais du Lac.  Friday night we see Bill, FarmerOld, Daniel, Snobeeler, and many others.  Its good to see everyone.

Saturday we ride to Milot for lunch with FarmerOld and Tammy.  The trails are great.  Sunday we run down 83 to L'Anse St Jean.  83 is perfect.  Monday the map shows 93 has been groomed to La Chappel.  I haven't seen 93 this good in a long time.  Tuesday off to the blueberry fields.  This area I really like.  A nice variety of riding and not much traffic.  Wednesday we drive back to CT.

Below is a pic of the sled Sandi managed to get her hands on.  This is the third year on her 1200 and we only keep them for three years so it is her time to get a new one.  This may be the one.  Is she going back to a two stroke?  She really likes the feel of the sled.  Pic near La Chappel.

5a760dde37040_2018600MXZwithSandi.JPG.ad9722fa2755beb60cfba4fed9a5c542.JPG

Pic behind the Delta.

5a760e42ae3cd_2018600MXZsideview.JPG.dc870430e8b6214dc179d5d52ee2f053.JPG

Time will tell but this one is at the top of her list today.

Jack & Sandi

Also as much as I fear this statement, " my next sled will be a 2 stroke" 😳😳😳 would love to take a rip on that 600 G4.

On 2/4/2018 at 10:45 AM, Snobeeler said:

Was hoping to see you and Sandy at the Delta, but we left there for St Raymond Friday morning. Did we see you at Mt Apica maybe? Thanks for sharing your trip.

Hi Jay,

I saw that you posted a picture of Bill on his sled at the Delta Jan 30th.  That was our last day there.  We drove home on the 31st.  I thought you were with the guys that were with Bill at breakfast.  I didn't get a chance to talk to them but I figured you were with them.  We were hanging out with Farmer Old and his daughter.  It was kind of a hectic trip because Sandi's sled was broke and that put us behind so we were shuffling reservations around to still make the trip work.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Jack,

Sandi must of let you have a chance to ride the 600.

The 600 has my interest as a second machine for my wife and the odd occasion one of my sons has a chance to come ride with me. Have a Arctic Cat 5000 4 stroke now for them. My son was able to come to Saint Mont des Saints the past 3 days to experience Quebec with me. The gerbers just couldn't pedal fast enough when we got into the excellent running up to Repos and area.

Loving my 850, have 1,000 miles on it now. Has made riding fun again. Like everyone else hoping these motors hold together for  a lengthy time.

Steve

Hi Steve,

My ride on the 600 was only a couple of hours.  Sandi wouldn't let me have it any longer than that.  She really likes it compared to her 1200.  It makes the 1200 feel heavy on the front end.  The 600 is fun, nimble and peppy.  As Sandi says, she can toss this around where the 1200 wasn't so nimble. 

Its amazing how the manufacturers can keep improving the sleds.  When you think you have a sled that can't get any better, a new model, engine, design, etc. comes out and the manufacturers have our money again!

Keep pushing that 850.  Mine has 7,000 miles on it and it is just as much fun today as the first day.

Jack & Sandi

Jack we rode our 850's 1300 miles last week and love them. We did do a 50 mile ride at home and realized the taller windshield was needed. Glad we did that for sure. The sled it self is a blast to ride. Quick out of the corners and no mid range let down non existent.  Only adjustment made was more ski pressure.  I do like the 7000 miles remark from you. Also please keep us posted on the 600 sled. Sounds like a new sled coming to your trailer. Lol. Be safe and have a good year. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shore,

I don't want to get into the this sled is better than that sled because I think they all have their good points.  If they didn't, that manufacturer would be long gone.

With that said, the 850 is still cruising along.  I had two 800 etecs and I put over 12,000 miles on one and just over 15,000 on the other if I remember correctly with no rebuild.  I'm hoping for the same kind of dependability with the 850.

Sandi is back on her 1200 this trip and she remembers she likes this one too.  :unknw:  I think the 600 might be in the lead.  Sandi doesn't like the electronic throttle on the four strokes so the two stroke has the edge.

The SkiDoo new models should be on their website Monday the 19th.

Jack & Sandi

41 minutes ago, revct1 said:

Hi Shore,

I don't want to get into the this sled is better than that sled because I think they all have their good points.  If they didn't, that manufacturer would be long gone.

With that said, the 850 is still cruising along.  I had two 800 etecs and I put over 12,000 miles on one and just over 15,000 on the other if I remember correctly with no rebuild.  I'm hoping for the same kind of dependability with the 850.

Sandi is back on her 1200 this trip and she remembers she likes this one too.  :unknw:  I think the 600 might be in the lead.  Sandi doesn't like the electronic throttle on the four strokes so the two stroke has the edge.

The SkiDoo new models should be on their website Monday the 19th.

Jack & Sandi

Was looking to replace my 1200 with a new one this spring but looks like the 1200 may be no more. 900 ace Turbo may be the replacement. We shall find out Monday

• revct1 changed the title to 2018 Jack & Sandi's trips