White Road late Feb?!!

Rodmax

Hi there,

I have been reading/following all on this site for the last couple of years.

I plan on trying the white road in late February with a riding buddy, I am wondering if anyone else might be planning to go at this time..

After reading the highlights of the two trips that were shared last year , I thought it might be wise to see if there were others interested..

My dates are somewhat set for leaving Godbout or Baie Comeau ( where ever the ferry drops me off) on Feb 23 and I have 8-9 days to get back to the ferry.

Anyone up for it?

Thanks,  Rodney.

• 1 month later...

Well the time has come, hopefully the ferry leaves here in  the Magdalen Islands tomorrow,

I have a 2 day ferry/drive/ferry /drive trip  from the Maggies to Kegaska to get to the white road|!!!,

1500 km on the truck then we will put miles on the sleds. Looks like good weather coming up that way.

Rodney. 

Thanks, Would loved to have left from Baie Comeau but with no previous experience up there and no one with us going east, I thought I would take advise of this forum to leave from Kegaska this time...  Safe and somewhat easy!!  But cant wait.  Hope to see you  603  you will be on your way to Lab City I assume??  Rodney

On 2/21/2018 at 9:36 PM, Rodmax said:

Thanks, Would loved to have left from Baie Comeau but with no previous experience up there and no one with us going east, I thought I would take advise of this forum to leave from Kegaska this time...  Safe and somewhat easy!!  But cant wait.  Hope to see you  603  you will be on your way to Lab City I assume??  Rodney

Rodman, you made the right decision to truck to Kegaska on your first run. Enjoy the  Villages and your ride, we hope to see you on your return

Happy trails

RR

Left kegaska on Sat at noon and ran to Chevrey good ride. Chevrey - blan sablon Sunday. Cold and sunny -21. Trails flat and fast. Into BS at 3 pm. Ran down to l'ans au clair for  a Look and back to hotel blan sablon for the night. Monday back to Chevrey... And Tuesday back to kegaska. Conditions were great. And the two of us enjoyed every mile.. off to the gaspe for quick loop then sledding locally around cap chat for a few days 4-7 /03.  Then back home to reality.

44 minutes ago, Rodmax said:

Left kegaska on Sat at noon and ran to Chevrey good ride. Chevrey - blan sablon Sunday. Cold and sunny -21. Trails flat and fast. Into BS at 3 pm. Ran down to l'ans au clair for  a Look and back to hotel blan sablon for the night. Monday back to Chevrey... And Tuesday back to kegaska. Conditions were great. And the two of us enjoyed every mile.. off to the gaspe for quick loop then sledding locally around cap chat for a few days 4-7 /03.  Then back home to reality.

Rodmax, sounds like you had a perfect run up the white road, that is a gorgeous ride if there weather gods are working with you. Thank you for the updated report