6 Day Ride

ct rider

FYI. I spoke to the Comfort Inn in Mont Laurie  yesterday and not all the trails in that area is open yet. Or at least not groomed. Didn't say what ones tho.

If that Windigo is the same one near them. 

Pretty sure he is talking about the outfitter between Relais 22 and Wemotaci. Quite cold up there in Clayton this week? I’m right down in Brownville. I met you and your son a couple years ago at the logging camp down on TQ 93.

Oh yes. I remember.  Are you guys going up this year? We are going to the lac st Jean area first and then i don't know where.  We have been up on the Gaspe pennsula last couple years and it is great.  I could go there every year. And yes it's cold in Clayton.  River is freezing.  Things are good here. 

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

If that Windigo is the same one near them. 

Don't think so. One near Mont Laurier at Devils Mountain is Chute de Windigo. It was closed a season or two ago, not sure of it's status now though.

Shore - we are headed up mid January.  Usually we are around the first week in February, but work obligations all but shut down the entire month for all of us to get together. We're a little nervous about the trails being connected out in the west, although it looks like things are shaping up.  In smaller groups with our wives we'll get up once or twice in February and probably early March. 

4 hours ago, GSX800 said:

Shore - we are headed up mid January.  Usually we are around the first week in February, but work obligations all but shut down the entire month for all of us to get together. We're a little nervous about the trails being connected out in the west, although it looks like things are shaping up.  In smaller groups with our wives we'll get up once or twice in February and probably early March. 

Oh yes. I remember.  Are you guys going up this year? We are going to the lac st Jean area first and then i don't know where.  We have been up on the Gaspe pennsula last couple years and it is great.  I could go there every year. And yes it's cold in Clayton.  River is freezing.  Things are good here. 

I see you are are riding a new 1200. My oldest son has a newer 1200 and he loves it. David and I got new 850 renegade and I can't wait for Quebec ride to come. We did make it up to Harrisville area last week. Got a little feeling of what to expect.  They are pretty quick for the trail we were on. I don't remember what our 800's were like but the 850 is fun to ride. Keep in touch if you go to the western part. We ride there also.  

On 12/31/2017 at 11:55 AM, ct rider said:

First Day Jan 3 Leave from St. Raymond to Pourvoirie Windigo. Day 2 Windigo to  ? Passion Quebec or wing it

Hi CTRider.  Looks like your thread has taken a side step.

If you are going up to Lac St Jean, 1st day do your ride to Windigo, 2nd day go to Lac St Jean for two nights. 3rd and 4th day at the Lac, the 5th day down to Les Escoumins or Sacre Coeur and then the 6th day back to St Raymond.

One possibility.  There are plenty of good choices.

Jack & Sandi