Barrage Goiun Saturday night January 6th

markusvt

The loop we did was great for the first week of January , Zenon , 63 west to 53 north to get to Mekoo's .  53 north to 83 east to Parent all great . Parent east to 345 as good as it gets really . Trail into Gouin off the 83 is already in super shape !   345 south to Repo sweet as normal using the road south from Kanawata . Ran the lakes along the 33 to SMDS , little slush plenty of ice. 

The standard walleye and then a veal option were presented for us at Gouin.    only  2 others to brave the cold there ,Todd the tree guy and Richard the crane guy 

Cheers

Edited by dooright

1 hour ago, Trailblazer said:

Nice run guys, would’ve loved to meet ya up there and kinda glad I didn’t try, had helmet issues all week end at the cabin, time for some changes.

Walleye at the Gouin is not to be missed.

Suffered a few vision / helmet issues myself in that cold .. But onward we go :-)

We didn't see many riders for sure , staying close to your camp was a wise move ! 

1 hour ago, Trailblazer said:

Nice run guys, would’ve loved to meet ya up there and kinda glad I didn’t try, had helmet issues all week end at the cabin, time for some changes.

Walleye at the Gouin is not to be missed.

Walleye meal was amazing as usual!! Not so sure on the veal? I did not try it but  the visual made me think I made the right choice . 

10 hours ago, dooright said:

Suffered a few vision / helmet issues myself in that cold .. But onward we go :-)

We didn't see many riders for sure , staying close to your camp was a wise move ! 

First season in over 30 years I needed to use my heated visor on my BV2S  ride before new years. Glad I had it

9 hours ago, Prox1138 said:

Walleye meal was amazing as usual!! Not so sure on the veal? I did not try it but  the visual made me think I made the right choice . 

Can't go wrong with the frozen fish.

It was awesome to pull it off.  Was supposed to be 3 groups meeting up but 1 group of 3 bailed due to cold.  Our group of 4 went to 3 due to heath issues but Myself, Randy and Dave got to meet and hang with Todd and Richard and watch the mercury drop! 

Capture.JPG