TQ 63 - Mont Laurier to St Zenon Area

Signfan

17 hours ago, Signfan said:

Can anyone provide some insight into when this trail might open?  Also an update on the general trail conditions in the Saint Michel Des Saints and Mont Laurier areas.

http://www.coureurdesbois.ca/condition.html

Minimal snow in Mt-Laurier area. My bro lives at the Baskatong Reservoir and They have  maybe 10-11 inches on the ground. It's brutal cold since Christmas. We need a good snowfall. In the meantime we are in the ''mental toughness'' mode.

1 hour ago, Mid Range said:

http://www.coureurdesbois.ca/condition.html

Minimal snow in Mt-Laurier area. My bro lives at the Baskatong Reservoir and They have  maybe 10-11 inches on the ground. It's brutal cold since Christmas. We need a good snowfall. In the meantime we are in the ''mental toughness'' mode.

Ok that adds up.  I was looking to do our trip on the 12th of January. Guess it's a wait and see game.  Forecast has a couple 2" - 4" dumps being called for.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, Signfan said:

Ok that adds up.  I was looking to do our trip on the 12th of January. Guess it's a wait and see game.  Forecast has a couple 2" - 4" dumps being called for.

I just got back from Le Cabonon yesterday. Everything North, East, and West is mid winter conditions. When we went south towards Saint-Donat snow was thinner and lots of exposed rocks on the trail.

16 hours ago, Signfan said:

Ok that's great feedback.  Was it ok around St Zenon?

Everything around Saint-Zenon was great and it was snowing when we left! Forecast for the next couple days looks great, you should be good to go for your January 12th start date.

We came from la Cabanon Friday 1/5 , went west on 63 to the junction of the 53 ( Not far out from Mont Laurier) north to Mekoo's. Pretty darn good .  there's a few re-routes but that was all good . 

Edited by dooright

Has anyone came out of Mont Laurier on 63. I would like to get to Parent area. I would go 63 to 53 to 33 to 13 to 83. I want to go to Barrage Gouin outpost. Anyone think it is possible.   

15 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

Has anyone came out of Mont Laurier on 63. I would like to get to Parent area. I would go 63 to 53 to 33 to 13 to 83. I want to go to Barrage Gouin outpost. Anyone think it is possible.   

According to the wood runner site yes.7DA8662B-B098-412A-90D4-0E6547110B6B.thumb.png.fac7f89ed5a523407f6ed8aefcb49318.png

I was wondering if the trails are ready yet coming out of Mont Laurie  and if anyone has riden the 33 13 83 trails yet.

Anybody know where Snack Lu-Nic is located?  Just checking conditions on the Lanaudiere site and it says trail 33 is closed from Manawan to Snack Lu-Nic (too many branches in the trails).  This is throwing a big wrench into my plans if I can't get across Trail #33.

41 minutes ago, Signfan said:

Anybody know where Snack Lu-Nic is located?  Just checking conditions on the Lanaudiere site and it says trail 33 is closed from Manawan to Snack Lu-Nic (too many branches in the trails).  This is throwing a big wrench into my plans if I can't get across Trail #33.

Lu-Nic is located in between the 33/53 junction and 100 Lacs on the 53 .  We just rode the 33 from Manawan last week and stopped at Lu-Nic ....it's all good 

So given the weather forecast is this trip still doable this weekend starting Saturday?  Or better to put it off?  How much base is on the trails in the area.  Will they take a day and a half of 8 degree weather with 20 mm of rain?