Trail conditions Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean

Saguenay Bill

Hey Bill, did you pick up JG and do it in one day like you said? Say hi to her and the gang for me and tell them I am still having trouble with this freaking phone!! BTW that  is how "Tug Hill" is always in my experience.

13 hours ago, jak said:

Hey Bill, did you pick up JG and do it in one day like you said? Say hi to her and the gang for me and tell them I am still having trouble with this freaking phone!! BTW that  is how "Tug Hill" is always in my experience.

Hi jak

Ended up going down Fri as there was no one to ride with.  Came back yesterday. Busy night last night here at the Delta.  99 sleds were here, I counted them this morning.  Big group, over 50 sleds, from Victoriaville, rode in from Quebec City.

Rode 83 east to Local 22 to 383 to Ferland.  Had lunch in Ferland and found out that a local boy,Sam Girard, is an Olympian speed skater representing Quebec in the Olympics, from Ferland, population 500.  

18 hours ago, viper2 said:

Do the Ski-Doo’s come standard with a fire extinguisher?

18 hours ago, viper2 said:

Do the Ski-Doo’s come standard with a fire extinguisher?

No they don't come standard on Ski Doos.  But they should come standard on Yamaha's.  I had a friend who's Yamaha, the one with the 2 exhaust pipes coming out just under the seat, and his saddlebag caught fire. Only thing left was the plastic handle of his toothbrush.  Great design.  Fire extinguisher mandatory for those ridding Yamaha saddlebaggers.  Not necessay with a Ski Doo.  I have mine to help out the Yamaha's that didn't come prepared.

Today we rode to Mont Vilian for lunch. Then went into Alma, ran the edge of Lac St Jean on the local trail, then onto St Bruno ,383 to 83.  It snowed here at the Delta about 2 inches and about 4 to 6 inches in the higher elevations.  Trails were great.

1 hour ago, Saguenay Bill said:

I had a friend who's Yamaha, the one with the 2 exhaust pipes coming out just under the seat, and his saddlebag caught fire. Only thing left was the plastic handle of his toothbrush.  Great design.

Your friend needs to learn how to attach his bags securely. Not a Yamaha problem. 

70k plus miles on rear exit exhaust Yamaha’s. Zero issue. Loose bags are operator error. Period. 

3 hours ago, Saguenay Bill said:

Today we rode to Mont Vilian for lunch. Then went into Alma, ran the edge of Lac St Jean on the local trail, then onto St Bruno ,383 to 83.  It snowed here at the Delta about 2 inches and about 4 to 6 inches in the higher elevations.  Trails were great.

Sounds like someone gets their feathers ruffled easily, I assure you I could post way more pics of any other brand burning down than you could of Yamaha"s.I thought my comment was  in good fun and in no way malicious, it seems you never have a problem posting anytime a Yamaha won't start in the corral in the morning but can't take a good natured ribbing of from someone else. Sad to see the direction this site is headed, seems to be getting a little cliquey here and if someone doesn't stay at an approved hotel or ride the preferred sled of the almighty they are worthless. Maybe it's time to trim the herd and change the name from Quebecrider to Saguenay  and Ski-Doo rider. Dilly Dilly! 

How are things looking up there?  The entourage from across the pond should be arriving shortly.  Are the Michigan and New Jersey representatives there?  New York may still be there.  Sandi and I will be coming up Tuesday evening.  See you soon.

Jack & Sandi

8 hours ago, revct1 said:

How are things looking up there?  The entourage from across the pond should be arriving shortly.  Are the Michigan and New Jersey representatives there?  New York may still be there.  Sandi and I will be coming up Tuesday evening.  See you soon.

Jack & Sandi

Hey

We'll be there too, like it or not!!

After Tubing with Mini at Val Cartier and a little Carnival Action in the QC.

See everyone soon!

GutZ

The UK  crew are here, and so is the Michigan representative, don't  know  where the new Jersey mob are yet.  Yes guts we like  it a lot .... lol

Looking forward to  seeing  you all real soon, safe trip up everyone....

Gary and Pat

This fire extinguisher thing. Don't give the government any idea's. One more thing to carry and for them to give tickets when they are out dated or froze and don't work. Only my opinion.  Be safe everyone. 

Passed through yesterday, stopped at the cave, Chapel, and the waterfall just off the 93 heading to Sacre Couer. Trails were great, a little squirrelly up in mt Valin, they must have groomed earlier in the day and it wasn't set up. Everything thing else was amazing. 

• ckf unpinned this topic