Trail conditions Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean

Saguenay Bill

48 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

It's an odd stretch. 500 feet, under the powerlines, looks like a frozen swamp. 

All I can think is the landowner wants $$ for the trail passing through.

Bill may have a better explanation.

GutZ

You are on it with it being a land owner issue.  Passable but no permission.

Jack & Sandi

9 hours ago, Ontariokid95 said:

Okay, I am thinking of going up there Jan 25-28.  Hoping to Loop from Quebec City, up to saguenay, across to Forestville, and back to Quebec City. 

10 days out is anybody's guess. 

47 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Good morning, Looking at this section made me curious, do the locals run lake Kenogami over to the west end?  Is it staked if they do?

Hi RR,

Years ago we had run the length of the lake.  I don't remember it being staked but there were many tracks probably locals that do use it.

Jack & Sandi

Edited by revct1

3 hours ago, Grampsledder said:

We got our first day of riding in yesterday after bailing on our Pittsburg-RDL-Maine loop due to trail flooding.   Great decision to come to Saguenay.    Left the Delta yesterday for lunch at Onatchaway and on toKM31.    Trails were in great shape. We passed a groomer on the 477 Orange trail. 93 fromPassion Quebec to KM 31 was the best we have ever seen it-no bumps.    Going to try the Pelchat trail today.  Thanks to Bill for recommending that we come up.   

We passed you guys yesterday just South of Onatchway....Only sleds we saw all day

may see you on pelchant today

Yesterday we left the Delta at 9AM.  Took 383 to 367 to 93 then the local trails to 367 and back onto 93 in St Monique.  93 fro St Monique to St Henri de Tallion has been rerouted.  At the Petro Canada in SHdT the trail goes thru the gas pumps.  Got lunch at Marchard restaurant.  One of our guys got terrible frost bite. aka The Saguenay Kiss  Ray rode back, got his truck and trailer and went back to pick him up.  The snow, as you woild expect with the wind and rain we had is  quite thin on the east end of LSJ.  Still rideable.

Did the Pelchat trail yesterday.   Trails were great.   Looks like they got around a foot of new snow by the St Lawrence.    Rte 3 from the Pelchat Relais to Sacre-Coeur had newly groomed soft snow.    93 had a section of 10 miles or so of ungroomed single track trail.   Lots of snow here

On 1/16/2018 at 7:26 AM, RoadRunner said:

Good morning, Looking at this section made me curious, do the locals run lake Kenogami over to the west end?  Is it staked if they do?

49965291-E280-4490-B956-DA09A99EFA34.thumb.jpeg.2b993028650a2222411794c50719eaa1.jpeg

We rode the lake last week and it was not staked. The last few times we did ride it, it was staked, maybe just to early?

Km31 has a few things. Maybe they will have belts. I think I have seen them in the cabinet by the door. I don’t know if they are what you need.  There is no way to cross the fiord via ice east of shipshaw. Those orange trails that go down by it off of Valin go to places. Maybe somebody will chime in with a better suggestion but you either gotta go back into town over shipshaw, get what you need and then backtrack to the pelchat trail or once in town continue on 83 383 to the boat in Tadoussac. 

http://www.equipementsvilleneuve.com/fr-CA/accueil

I know we have taken a trail across from the airport (Baggotville?) run along the fence to get there.

Ill see if it's on the map still. I dont know the trail#

Hope it helps

GutZ

VilleSD.jpg.ba4982414dc0fab4129f42f6bf55afea.jpg

Edited by MrGutz

If you are at KM 31 and you want a belt before heading to Forestville you will have to backtrack to Villeneuve in Chicoutimi Nord.  That is about  45 miles one way.  You could chance it and pick up one in Les Escoumins  Desmeules Auto, 418-233-2490.  Course I'd call first to see if they have the belts in stock.  

Short ride today, 5 miles.  Rode up to Relais du Lac for a coffee then rodedown to Alma.  Trails westof Alma, close to LSJ are in need of snow.  Done to frozen dirt with ice in many places.  23 is not bad getting thru Alma but 383 down near the lake is bad,  but nothing that 6 inches of snow can't correct.Then came back 83 which was good.

Hi Cookie and welcome to QuebecRider.  Its about 75 miles from the Delta to KM 31.  There are a few lookouts on the way that are well worth the side trip especially on a clear day.  Trail 93 on the mountain can get rough on weekends.  There are plenty of trails and different types of riding from mountains to flat land.

Onatchiway is a great ride (Bras Louis) and a good lunch.  It is Mont Valin West as opposed to Mont Valin East where KM 31 is.

Have fun and be safe.

Jack & Sandi

• ckf unpinned this topic