Trail conditions Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean

Saguenay Bill

3 hours ago, Cookie said:

Thank you very much for your advice!  Today we rode from St. Raymond to the Delta.  Minus about 1hr of freezing rain around LATape was in my top 5 rides of my life!  

23 is a Jem! 

Bill,  After we left you and the Delta this morning, we rode up to Mont Valin.  93 was groomed most of the way but nothing past Mont Valin pretty big moguls.  We had lunch at Relais La Chapelle very busy and nice place.  There we inquired about taking Pelchat trail to Les Escoumins and were told it is passable but not groomed.  What they really meant was we would be breaking trail in 3 to 5 feet of powder most of the way.  Got stuck a few times but made it to Hotel Pelchat and had a blast.  Next time we will take 93 all the way.  It was awesome meeting you and thanks for all your advice!

10 hours ago, Cookie said:

Bill,  After we left you and the Delta this morning, we rode up to Mont Valin.  93 was groomed most of the way but nothing past Mont Valin pretty big moguls.  We had lunch at Relais La Chapelle very busy and nice place.  There we inquired about taking Pelchat trail to Les Escoumins and were told it is passable but not groomed.  What they really meant was we would be breaking trail in 3 to 5 feet of powder most of the way.  Got stuck a few times but made it to Hotel Pelchat and had a blast.  Next time we will take 93 all the way.  It was awesome meeting you and thanks for all your advice!

Great meeting you guys.  Glad you made it thru OK.  That kind of riding is for you young guys.  I'm now restricted to groomed trail riding.  Have fun and stay safe.

The winds finally died down yesterday after 2 days of gust reaching 40 MPH.  Rode down 83, to the Ravage for lunch.  The trails were freshly groomed right up to the Ravages's door.  Came back 83, 383. local 2 to 83.  Great day to ride,  Clear skies and cold temps. 

45 minutes ago, Saguenay Bill said:

The winds finally died down yesterday after 2 days of gust reaching 40 MPH.  Rode down 83, to the Ravage for lunch.  The trails were freshly groomed right up to the Ravages's door.  Came back 83, 383. local 2 to 83.  Great day to ride,  Clear skies and cold temps. 

Reminiscing after reading your post.... Lunch @ Auberge duRavage Feb 2017 - Liam , Eddy , Ginny , Paddy & Bill.  A great day it was.

Auberge duRavage Feb 2017 .jpg

13 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Reminiscing after reading your post.... Lunch @ Auberge duRavage Feb 2017 - Liam , Eddy , Ginny , Paddy & Bill.  A great day it was.

Auberge duRavage Feb 2017 .jpg

I thought about you when we went into the Ravage

Today we rode up to the Truck Stop for the best ldressed to ride, walkded unch in town.  Just a great place.  After lunch got dressed to ride, walked out door saw a sled with NH registration, walked back in and who is standing there but skidoo420 and 2 of his buddies.   Talk about a small word.  Great to see them.  Funny seeing 420 with out eddieskidoo.  eddieskidoo down with flu.  Great ride except trail from Milot to Mont Vilain not groomed in a while.

10 hours ago, Saguenay Bill said:

If I was 20 years younger, maybe but the more I think about it, too much work digging them out.  Only way to go, groomed trails, Playhard.

Come on Bill, I can just picture you  with the back pack, long track and a green mohawk glued to the top of your helmet. Leaving big piles in the trails for us old trail riders.

15 hours ago, mikerider said:

That's a great picture of Bill.

And Bill, you haven't reported on how you like the Blizzard and the 900 motor????

Hi Mikerider

So far, 2500 miles, I like the Blizzard 900.  Getting a consistent 21 1 /2  MPG.  Like the adjustable carbides.  Just enough power for me.  

Yesterday we went up to KM 31 for lunch, stopping at the Ski Hill for a hot chocolate.  After lunch we took Bras Louis and returned back to the Delta at 4 PM. Trails were very good.  The signs of Johnny Standup and Bobby Backback were quite evident. Side of the trail off trail riding is not off trail riding.  

Edited by Saguenay Bill

On 1/31/2018 at 1:49 AM, Saguenay Bill said:

Yesterday we went up to KM 31 for lunch, stopping at the Ski Hill for a hot chocolate.  After lunch we took Bras Louis and returned back to the Delta at 4 PM. Trails were very good.  The signs of Johnny Standup and Bobby Backback were quite evident. Side of the trail off trail riding is not off trail riding.  

Bill, they went back to the "hill"

So just returned from a week up at the Delta with Bill. Trails were great everywhere met FO and his daughter as well as Daniel and his wife Colette. Rode with Daniel Colette and Bill on Monday up to Mt Valin had lunch and came back to the Delta. Tuesday's Bob, Jeff and I rode around the lake. Trails were good on the north side and thinning on the south, If they have a good day of warm sun the trail will be in tough shape. But for now with cold temps (below °) most days, things will stick around for a while. Wednesday we hed up to KM31 and some of the look outs in the area. Unfortunately, though I broke the Helix spring and limpt it back to the hotel from 93 and 262. Back at the hotel, many thanks to Bill for have the tools to pull the Helix and getting to the broken spring. Fortunately Roland Spence & fils had a replacement spring which allowed us to get it all back together and ready for the trails on Thursday our last day to ride, Thursday we head down the south side of the river down 83 to La Baie to see the fishing shantys on the river with the heavy tankers frozen in beside them, quite cool. Then down 383 and over to 301. Had lunch at Relais Station Mont-Edouard for lunch. The place was very busy with lots of kids in their racing gear. Down 301 to 83 back up to 383 to 368 and 83 and back to the hotel. All ran well after the fix. 

Again, many thanks to Bill for the tools and a good time chatting. And to Daniel and Colette for being our translators when needed. Until we see you again, Happy trails to you all

Shadogang

Mark

8 hours ago, mcstar said:

Bill, they went back to the "hill"

They  came fron the "hill", as it's dated 2013 and came up here.  Glad to see someone confront the a**holes.  I refused to ride up here on Sat.  By 2PM they are coming at you with both skis in the air.

• ckf unpinned this topic