Levis accommodations & trails end

revct1

A heads up for those of you staying in Levis.

We are planning our next trip Valcourt to RDL and back.  Now that Motel Bernieres is no longer in the picture for this season we are going to stop in Levis for one night.

Plan A:  One suggestion was the Four Points.  I call Four Points and the receptionist said that the snowmobile trail ends at route 20 and there is no access to the Four Points for this season.  She said hopefully the trail will be routed to access the Four Points for next year.

Plan B:  L'Oiseliere is nice.  We stayed there many years ago.  I call and the receptionist says that you can get to the hotel by snowmobile.  I make the reservations and I'm a happy camper.  The Four Points said the trail ends at route 20.  I wonder which side of route 20 because L'Oiseliere is on the same side of route 20 as Four Points.  I'm concerned so I call Tourisme Appalaches.  Patricia said the trail does not cross route 20 this year.  She said that via snowmobile we would have to stay at the Comfort Inn or Econo Lodge on the south side of route 20.

Plan C:  I call the Comfort Inn and make reservations.  The downside to the Comfort Inn and Econo Lodge is they both use the Restaurant Normandin for super.  I'm happier with a restaurant in the hotel so we don't have to dress up and go outside to get food, but, it is what it is.  There is a Shell gas station across the street from the Comfort Inn and the Normandin is next to that.

Things are always changing.

Jack & Sandi

On 1/5/2018 at 3:09 PM, revct1 said:

A heads up for those of you staying in Levis.

We are planning our next trip Valcourt to RDL and back.  Now that Motel Bernieres is no longer in the picture for this season we are going to stop in Levis for one night.

Plan A:  One suggestion was the Four Points.  I call Four Points and the receptionist said that the snowmobile trail ends at route 20 and there is no access to the Four Points for this season.  She said hopefully the trail will be routed to access the Four Points for next year.

Plan B:  L'Oiseliere is nice.  We stayed there many years ago.  I call and the receptionist says that you can get to the hotel by snowmobile.  I make the reservations and I'm a happy camper.  The Four Points said the trail ends at route 20.  I wonder which side of route 20 because L'Oiseliere is on the same side of route 20 as Four Points.  I'm concerned so I call Tourisme Appalaches.  Patricia said the trail does not cross route 20 this year.  She said that via snowmobile we would have to stay at the Comfort Inn or Econo Lodge on the south side of route 20.

Plan C:  I call the Comfort Inn and make reservations.  The downside to the Comfort Inn and Econo Lodge is they both use the Restaurant Normandin for super.  I'm happier with a restaurant in the hotel so we don't have to dress up and go outside to get food, but, it is what it is.  There is a Shell gas station across the street from the Comfort Inn and the Normandin is next to that.

Things are always changing.

Jack & Sandi

We can report that all the above Is true, both the l Oiselierre and four points are not easily accessible. We did Worm  Hole our way into the l Oiselierre tonight but we had to put our highway mapping to work.  Basically the groomed trail goes to the Normandin.  You must navigate by local trail .....single trail.....and your own navigation, as you go under hwy 20, locals do this, but not marked anymore, so proceed at own risk and capability, to get to either of the above locals.

ps only breakfast is available now. 

We did hit a big home run on dinner, by a very short taxi ride to the Delice restaurant, very nice!

Enjoy Levis

RR

The high lighted yellow is groomed and marked to the Normandine, the old trail in Red is not marked or maintained anymore to the L Oisiere or 4 Points

This trail went down a street in  a residential area, so not sure if that was the issue or not?

Hopefully  by next year the club and businesses will find a solution.

C5ED2394-4598-4245-901B-96E0208BD7BE.thumb.jpeg.e38d26fb39206c992316471cb533b732.jpeg