Theft Issues

Signfan

I don't think so.  We always park in a major motel or hotel. They all have cameras I assume. We still cable our sleds together at night and leave our truck where it can be seen. We do stay In larger cities with a police department. We also don't worry about it because that would wreck our trip. Lol

Just a heads up. Pulled the rig into LeCabanon on the evening of 12/26. Place was full as well as the parking lot.

Thieves came in at 4 a.m. (In 20 below temps no less) and cut the locks off 3 or 4 trailers till they found one from Pennsylvania that had two sleds in it. They drug them out (a Polaris 600 & 800) and the 800 with only 100 miles on it had the key in it. They cut the chain Dennis has where you pull your truck in and drove the sled (two guys on it) down the road towards the 131. Why they didn't just drive the sled thru the concrete barriers is beyond me unless they were thinking they were going to get a truck/trailer too.

Dennis's son in law was getting up for work and ran out but they were too far ahead by that time. Said they haven't had a problem there in a couple years now.

There is no fool proof plan unfortunately otherwise everyone would do it and the thieves wouldn't be in business.

We travel to a lot of different areas.  We try to make our equipment harder to take than the next one.  Boots, chains, clubs, fuel shut off, relays, the fake Quebec license plates, the very hungry German Shepard in the front seat, a live grenade under the front wheel, etc.  Park where you feel safe, do what you can to protect your equipment and then like Markusvt says, "Enjoy the Ride".

We have been hit by thieves three times over forty years.  Each time we learn a little more about what to do.  It could happen tomorrow but that thought isn't going to ruin something we love to do.

Jack & Sandi

Edited by revct1

I have often thought that with a few mods and a good cleaning  one of these would make an excellent incognito sled hauler. What low life is going to risk jail time for a truck load of used beer and burritos?

IMG_0825.JPG

46 minutes ago, revct1 said:

I like the company saying on the side of the truck! :yahoo:

Jack & Sandi

A couple more, " Your shit is our bread and butter " or " We're number 1 in the number 2 business " " We spell shit, GOLD " and so on

24 minutes ago, Pipemaster said:

A couple more, " Your shit is our bread and butter " or " We're number 1 in the number 2 business " " We spell shit, GOLD " and so on

“Smells like Money”

i been inside of few of those. Nothing a pressure washer can’t handle.