New Trail through Papineau Labelle

Trailblazer

Check out on my attached map where this new trail starts, where you see my Cyan coloured track leaving TQ43 this is where this new trail heads north, not sure if it’s and extended TQ43 version or a new TQ53 Nord, I did see TQ53 signs posted on the new trail though. I did not continue up to TQ53 to make the connection because of lack of fuel, had to do a u turn.

Where I left TQ43 to head north, normally TQ43 continues west from there but from what I saw it’s not open or groomed from that point.

CEA93F0A-A189-4D61-9EA9-AFF68C30D05C.thumb.jpeg.a3d2d07e7b7976352f1cd250cb00446b.jpeg

• 2 months later...

My God but that re-routed TQ 53 north from Le Mulet through Papineau-Labelle was sweet!  Here's a video shot by a couple of Ontario visitors to our club showing their trip from our parking lot north to Mont-Laurier and back again via La Minerve.  Club Amico did a stellar job of grooming it this winter, and I hope that they can keep it again for next year .... 

Yes it is great, was on it a week ago Thursday. You can really roll and it is a lot shorter distance than the old route imo.

From my cottage on Lac Gagnon to La Petit Train du Nord (trail # 63) near Val Barrette via Parc Papineau Labelle (trail # 53), riding up the old way passing through N.D.de Laus was taking 4 hours, the new way takes 2 1/2 hours. Nicer trail.