Still waiting on early buy Trail Permit - anyone else?

snowpromod

So I waited till the deadline and purchased my season pass on 12/9 and I have yet to receive it in the mail . . . anyone else?  All I have is my receipt and the computer generated 14 day temporary - I guess I will just bring my paperwork with me!  

I called the club that I used the online checkout from and they said to call the Federation, that is on my list of to do's today.

THINK SNOW!!! 

I would check your credit card account to see if was charged. Then go to the club you support to see if they got credited for pass. They are going to tell you as in the federation to call your club. I did email them about a matter and they got back to me very quickly.

Update - just spoke with the federation and they claim that have a number of people in similar situations - they claim it is a Canadian Post issue. They advised me to use my 14 day temporary even tho it expired on 12/23 as they are aware of the problem and that I should put the paper temp permit in a plastic bag and tape it onto my sled! 

I guess I can get a replacement permit once we hit Quebec, but I hate paying for something that I already paid for...maybe since I posted this it will be in the mail box today! 

I doubt it is a Canada Post issue, if it were then it would be an isolated incident not "a number of people and that they are aware of it". The question also comes up, if you are using an expired temp pass as per what you were told, do you really have any insurance coverage from intact?

I wouldn't stress over it.  Trail patrollers are just sledders like the rest of us, and it would be unusual to find one who was such a stickler for detail that he or she wouldn't accept your temporary pass, along with an FCMQ email explaining what was happening.  No one wants to see you pay twice for a trail permit ... we're just happy that people pay once!  When individual clubs mailed out trail passes, I once had an American fellow whose trail pass didn't show up, even though I had mailed it within hours of having received his request.  Turns out it was being held up by the U.S. Postal service, and was sitting in a post office right around the corner from his home for weeks.

On 1/8/2018 at 7:54 PM, Gullyrider said:

I wouldn't stress over it.  Trail patrollers are just sledders like the rest of us, and it would be unusual to find one who was such a stickler for detail that he or she wouldn't accept your temporary pass, along with an FCMQ email explaining what was happening.  No one wants to see you pay twice for a trail permit ... we're just happy that people pay once!  When individual clubs mailed out trail passes, I once had an American fellow whose trail pass didn't show up, even though I had mailed it within hours of having received his request.  Turns out it was being held up by the U.S. Postal service, and was sitting in a post office right around the corner from his home for weeks.

Mine was sitting at my post office for 2 weeks then they sent it back, no idea what is going on, waiting for it to get back to sender to re send!

Partially my fault, I was sent the tracking # but I was not entering it properly, by the time I got it right, it was on it's way back!

The funny thing was, instead of the fellow contacting us, he went on Hardcore sledder and warned everyone about the Hill & Gully taking his money and never sending him his trail permit.  Trouble was ... he didn't realize that there are several clubs so named, and he blamed it on the Ontario Hill & Gully Riders!  (Phew .... dodged a bullet on that one!).

If there is a tracking # then they are sending them expresspost, with or without a signature required. If it sat at your post office for 2 weeks then returned it more than likely needed a signature and you were not there when your Post office attempted delivery. They should have left a call for card in with your regular mail. Don't know about USPS but 2 weeks is the standard time frame to return to sender if a call for item is not picked up. 

Actually,  it was I who had mailed it out, as I was managing the online trail pass sales for our club.  I would consistently track all of our mail-outs, but was told by our post office (Buckingham, QC) that they couldn't track it past the U.S./Canada border.  I only knew there was a problem when I saw his complaint on hardcoresledder.  I contacted him immediately, and he went round to his post office where the pass had been waiting for a couple of weeks. Apparently, they didn't notify him that it had arrived.  Anyway, like I said, we got it all sorted out.  On another occasion, a fellow's pass got held up at U.S. customs, which was weird.

I have to say, it's a great relief to be done with that part of the job.  While I miss being in contact with so many of our members from nearby provinces and states, I don't miss the completing, mailing and tracking of trail permits.  Once you get past the hundred mark, it gets a bit daunting!