2018 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions/Gossip/Tidbits

mikerider

I am now in RDL and between the drive up through Maine and through New Brunswick it appears conditions should be awesome. I hope to be here the next twelve days, the first of at least 3 trips this winter. Please, whenever you may be up this way try to give out up to the minute conditions during the winter. You would be surprised how many people want to know before making that long drive.

Hope to see many of you over the coming months.

mike

Edited by mikerider

6 minutes ago, mikerider said:

I am now in RDL and between the drive up through Maine and through New Brunswick it appears conditions should be awesome. I hope to be here the next twelve days, the first of at least 3 trips this winter. Please, whenever you may be up this way try to give out up to the minute conditions during the winter. You would be surprised how many people want to know before making that long drive.

Hope to see many of you over the coming months.

mike

Now that you're settled in Mike, please start checking out the Vino selection!

Enjoy very much seeing all of you when you are up here. A little iffy weather coming in later in the week, will try to keep you updated. Feels great to be here.

The wine is always good, and Valerie is the best. Will try to find out if she is still working here. I also hope to get back to the Hotel Levesque one night for their awesome food and wine, just to make sure it is still up to Terry's and Trailblazer's  standards.

mike

13 minutes ago, Trailblazer said:

Welcome back to the office Mike, always enjoy reading your adventures, hope to ride someday with ya. 

Btw break out the Sexy Bomb Terry and Molly are coming your way.

JG, why don't you meet us there! Mike, better make sure there are a few extra bottles

Thanks for posting the pics, Dave. They capture RDL at its finest.  Great evening with you and Eddie, thanks again.

I forgot to ask at the bar if they have the Sexy Bomb red.

Andy,  RDL tomrorrow night?

Glad to see you up there again Mike. We had a plan to be there this week but the weather in Ontario is not cooperating and snow plow duties call! Will try again in a couple of weeks.

Edited by snowfarmer

Half day ride today with SkiDoo420, 125 miles.    420 and EddieSkiDoo tried a couple days ago to saddlebag east out of RDL and didn't get far due to new and extremely deep snow.                       Heard from Andyman early this morning and he is in Rimouski, leaving this morning for RDL. Said he has never been stuck so many times. So caution next couple days in that direction. 420 and I went south today and a little east,  2-6 inches of new snow overnight. Trails were fantastic. Lots of snow but packed and groomed on this end. Mid winter conditions up here.

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

You guys are showing RDL at its best with those pics.  I don't see many tracks on the trail.  Is the traffic count low?  All the better for those of us that are riding.  We are heading there Thursday night.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Joe.    10K miles on her. Oil and filter only. Dealer did not have time to do rest of items on list. Some other nearby boat dealer closed shop and my dealer got overwhelmed with people bringing in their boats late in the fall for summerize and storage, plus sleds selling so well they are spending rest of time setting up new sleds. He just hired more mechanics and should catch up. He will finish my sled when I get back.

mike

Ski Doo 420-

Looks like lots of snow, good stuff. My wife has the same sled as yours, and I was curious what bag you have behind your seat? We have the stackable fuel tank and 2 of the 19l bags, but there is still a big void behind the seat! Any info is appreciated.

Terry