2018 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions/Gossip/Tidbits

mikerider

23 hours ago, mikerider said:

Because the hotel is not an advertiser on QR, I will no longer be posting information about the hotel. I will still post trail conditions, trail rides and things to do in the area.

Should the owner of QR decide to contact the hotel about this, I would be happy to do my part and help get them on board.

mike

Instead of stopping posting information about the hotel you should approach them about becoming a paid sponsor 

With all promotion you do and all the QR members passing through there you would think they would be more than happy to become a paid sponsor 

Going to miss you again Mike, we are coming up Sunday evening and dropping at the Universal. We will return the following weekend when are you coming back up?

I am not sure what date I will be coming back in February but does not look like our dates will align for a meeting of sled talk. I will no longer be tied to a pre planned vacation date, as I am retiring in eleven days and trips will be on a whim, a good weather forecast and a whole new life style that is going to be difficult to adjust to after working the same job for 44 years that included working nights weekends and holidays.

Have a great time at RDL and save some snow for me.

mike

7 hours ago, mikerider said:

I am not sure what date I will be coming back in February but does not look like our dates will align for a meeting of sled talk. I will no longer be tied to a pre planned vacation date, as I am retiring in eleven days and trips will be on a whim, a good weather forecast and a whole new life style that is going to be difficult to adjust to after working the same job for 44 years that included working nights weekends and holidays.

mike

🎉🍾 Congratulations on your retirement Mike. 🍾🎉

Thank you all for the well wishes on my retirement.I have put it off for more years than you would want to know, but once I put in the notice, it can't come fast enough. A kayak and fly rod right now sounds so peaceful. Thanks again.

mike

Mike 

I wish you a long and heathy retirement 

and do more of the things you love to do

Schooter

13 hours ago, mikerider said:

mike

Congratulations and Best wishes on your retirement. After 44 years you have earned peace and relaxation.

Amqui to RDL and back in the USA!!! Left Amqui early this morning and the plan was to see the snow trees on this trip then back to RDL. Riding solo way out in that no man's land (587), in near white out conditions at times (thank goodness for GPS), got to my head and I decided I wanted to be on a blue trail! I probably should have stuck to green and club trails because the traffic+temps+fresh snow = loads of bumps on trail 5. No big deal, the Axys just eats that junk right up!! ;-)

I have to say, I was both happy and sad to get back to RDL. Time to start dreaming about the next trip!

P1203215.jpg

P1203216.JPG

P1203218.JPG

P1203219.JPG

P1203228.JPG

P1203231.JPG

P1203232.JPG

P1203236.JPG

P1203241.JPG

P1203242.jpg

Edited by SnowCrazed

On 2018-01-19 at 4:06 PM, mikerider said:

Squatec for breakfast then on to Rimouski where Terry parted for a night in Amqui and I returned to hotel. (still in rm 122, leave tomorrow morning). 85% trails freshly groomed.

IMG_0091.JPG

All that’s going to change next week, forecasting  a foot plus on Tuesday. I’m just going to miss you Mikey, I’ll be at the Universal Wednesday night with Necksledr, Hparaptor and a lurker.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, GT Rider said:

Congratulations and Best wishes on your retirement. After 44 years you have earned peace and relaxation.

Hey Jim how are you and Gemma doing? Jami and I are planning a Gaspe trip the beginning of March. We are also thinking a Temiscaming trip mid Feb. Just like Mike we just retired and will be planning trips on a whim.