2018 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions/Gossip/Tidbits

mikerider

Thanks Viper.    The picture of the wolf track is pretty clear, what isn't clear is that is the front of my size 13 boot next to the track, which, knowing that, shows how big his paw is.

I wasn't scared, I was waving Joe to pull up real quick so he could see it, and because if the wolf was hungry, Joe is bigger than me.

mike

14 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Thanks Viper.    The picture of the wolf track is pretty clear, what isn't clear is that is the front of my size 13 boot next to the track, which, knowing that, shows how big his paw is.

I wasn't scared, I was waving Joe to pull up real quick so he could see it, and because if the wolf was hungry, Joe is bigger than me.

mike

Mike: You don't have to out run the wolf just Joe... 😏

Easterly loop today. great conditions, and either new inch of snow softened trails or trails just not as hard going east.  Played leap frog with Brandon and his friends as they made their way to the Gaspe.  We all ate at the Cage last night and had the scariest taxi driver ever.  Thumbs up to Belle Autofois Restaurant for making me crepes at one in the afternoon. Her crepes are best ever had.

Pic of new heater for  cold nights to get your four stroke started in the morning. No plug in necessary.

IMG_0101.JPG

23 hours ago, mikerider said:

mike

Hey! I thought we were buddies!  Oh well, anyone that knows me would know that wolf would have food for a week. And Phil1, Mike wouldn't have to run, just walk fast to beat me.

We are buddies JAK, we need to get a third riding partner who smells of Poutine.

Today JAK and I headed south to the  New Brunswick line then cut across to Squatec for lunch. It has been snowing off and on for the past couple days, saw two to four inches. We broke open Squatec Pass so the groomers could get through. lol         JAK and I both had Crepes, he agreed, best ever. Riding conditions are excellent. 

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

Same place today's report is at, in my head and in my camera. Maybe later. Riding is awesome. Why aren't you here. Brandon is out on the Gaspe.  JAK and I met two friends at St. Pamphile and rode back to RDL with them. Snowed all the way back. Don't wait as long as I did to retire. Do it today!!!

7 hours ago, SnowCrazed said:

Where is Tuesday's report mr mikerider??

Snocrazed, give Mike a break, he just realized today that if he "burps" his sled it is not as good on fuel as he thought, he is all distressed. He is considering going back to a 2-smoke.

Edited by jak
wrong info

Yesterday Jak and I started the day by riding along the St. Lawrence shoreline by L'Isle Verte. Kind of neat riding thru the reed grass. The St. L always looks like the coldest place on earth.

Today we rode to St. Pamphile and met GKW and Russ for lunch and all rode back to RDL together.  This was day 5, have done about 1,000 miles so far. Been finding about 10 to 30 miles a day of chop, and the rest perfect. Today was all perfection. 

Groomer would not go under bridge til Jak and I cleared out the trolls.

mike

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

Terry, notice that twenty year old picture, I still look the same today! And still wearing the same snowmobile suit!

Steve, are you staying a night in RDL. We are due for a serious night of drinking.

mike

Edited by mikerider
add

Pics from the past two days.  Have occasionally been going by trees that look like they have white and red bells hanging from them. Turns out of be bunches of red berries covered with snow.

Also to pass along, east of RDL, the rectangular area between the St. Lawrence and trail #5 east, there are many green and secondary trails in this area that are little used and quite nice and can be a secondary route to make your way east on a busy weekend. Have been exploring these and I like 'em.  Access them by taking trail#85 N couple miles from hotel.        

mike

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

Edited by mikerider
add

13 hours ago, mikerider said:

Pics from the past two days.  Have occasionally been going by trees that look like they have white and red bells hanging from them. Turns out of be bunches of red berries covered with snow.

Also to pass along, east of RDL, the rectangular area between the St. Lawrence and trail #5 east, there are many green and secondary trails in this area that are little used and quite nice and can be a secondary route to make your way east on a busy weekend. Have been exploring these and I like 'em.  Access them by taking trail#85 N couple miles from hotel.        

mike

IMG_0135.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

Mike that’s great advice, some of those little side trails can be very nice and much less traveled. 

Snow changed to sleet overnight.  About an inch but it left a slight crust on top. Hopefully away from town and away from the river it was colder and was all snow. And still looks like it will be fine riding here.

mike

Edited by mikerider
add

Took a 110 mile jaunt this afternoon. Sleet did not hurt trails at all. Still awesome conditions. The sleet did take some of the snow off the trees in some areas, not quite as wintry looking. Ate at Adventures club house in RDL, food always excellent.

Dinner last night with Florida Snowman and Patrick. Nice time!

IMG_0145.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0140.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

Edited by mikerider
add

Mike how long are you going to be enjoying your self. Lol. Question is I am going to be free on March 1st and plan on riding my snowmobile.  If your going to be there I would love to come up and follow you for a day or two. Oh yea I like wine too. Lol. My oldest boy is coming up with a couple friends later in the week and i want to get in shape for riding with them. Really i just want to ride. Thx.

As of this time I am pretty sure I will be up March 1st. Have a friend coming, not sure if we will saddlebag a night or two, but most of my vacation will be at RDL doing day rides. Just haven't set exact dates yet. More than happy to have you join us.

mike

Sounds great. Leaving tomorrow for Colo sking trip for the wife. Will be in touch when I get back. Thanks 

3 hours ago, mikerider said:

As of this time I am pretty sure I will be up March 1st. Have a friend coming, not sure if we will saddlebag a night or two, but most of my vacation will be at RDL doing day rides. Just haven't set exact dates yet. More than happy to have you join us.

mike

Bring your bag, we're headed Est!