2018 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions/Gossip/Tidbits

mikerider

Today I had the smoothest trails possible This morning I was in the hot tub. And tonight I had the best duck ever at the Levesque.

You might want to be driving the groomer ahead of me going EST!!! to get me to leave RDL. Not to mention I think I've seen about a thousand sledders head EST in the past few days. We will have time to negotiate my terms of traveling EST. If I were you, I would find a chef to go along on our trip, and book hotels with only the best of spas. We will need to hire someone to drive my truck from hotel to hotel to haul my necessary survival gear. Start planning!!!

mike

11 hours ago, mikerider said:

Today I had the smoothest trails possible This morning I was in the hot tub. And tonight I had the best duck ever at the Levesque.

You might want to be driving the groomer ahead of me going EST!!! to get me to leave RDL. Not to mention I think I've seen about a thousand sledders head EST in the past few days. We will have time to negotiate my terms of traveling EST. If I were you, I would find a chef to go along on our trip, and book hotels with only the best of spas. We will need to hire someone to drive my truck from hotel to hotel to haul my necessary survival gear. Start planning!!!

mike

Funsucker.

11 hours ago, mikerider said:

mike

36 minutes ago, SnowCrazed said:

Funsucker.

That vin rouge last night must have been exceptional....

I must have been spoiled by a former saddlebag partner!  SnowCrazed thinks it would be cool to go EST to some remote forgotten town with a 1950's motel that was probably featured in one of Stephen King's books.

Actually, I forgot to mention last night's wine, a vin blanc, chardonnay, best I ever had.

My idea of saddle bagging would be riding the sled to the Levesque for supper and bringing the leftovers back in a doggie bag.

mike

(2 of the 4 groomers at RDL club).

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

19 minutes ago, mikerider said:

I must have been spoiled by a former saddlebag partner!  SnowCrazed thinks it would be cool to go EST to some remote forgotten town with a 1950's motel that was probably featured in one of Stephen King's books.

Actually, I forgot to mention last night's wine, a vin blanc, chardonnay, best I ever had.

My idea of saddle bagging would be riding the sled to the Levesque for supper and bringing the leftovers back in a doggie bag.

mike

Hi Mike.  Sandi says you are coming out of your shell.  Retirement is doing you well. 

We might try to schedule something for the beginning of March at RDL also.  We are at the Delta right now.  We are going to give Sandi's 1200 a run tomorrow and see if the anti-freeze leak is fixed.  Lets cross our fingers.

Jack & Sandi

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

mike

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

Nice pics Mike, looks like your adapting well to this new life! Molly and I are doing a 4-day saddlebag loop from Bernieres starting March 5, shuttling across the river for two days, and back two days after taking the ferry from Baie-Comeau. Have reservations at the Universal on Wed the 7th, maybe we'll see you there! Keep up the great reports and pics!          Terry

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

Good chance I will be here. Would be great to see you again. Tell Molly to leave her keys in the sled so I can try it! Or at least park it next to mine so mine doesn't get stolen.

mike

Hey Mike,  Sandy and I are planning a Gaspe loop in about a wk......so I guess if I'm reading you right, you're out?

I think we've stayed at that 50s motel, but not this trip.

We are booked at the levesque on 2-22. We'll give you a buzz if you're still in RDL.

Northbound that would be great. I'm looking at a time frame for a trip to the peninsula.  Can't leave home for a week and hopefully there will be a couple snow drops in that time. Main thing is getting into motels and gas stations.  Going to be there for 4 days with one group and 3 or 4 days with another. Stay by myself if the second group can't make it. Be safe.

No worries,  rode to amqui today. The base seems fine. Saw 3 groomers between RDL and Rimouski. Probably 20 sleds all day. We stopped for Mcd s and gas in Mont Joli,  no problems.

The trail is s little crusty in spots but very rideable. Conditions improved after turning south towards amqui where the 5 splits. Couple guys here at the hotel coming back from the gaspe saying it's very good.....I'll  post later on gaspe site.

Jeff and Sandy 

20180222_091236.jpg

20180222_093112.jpg

Northbound that would be great. I'm looking at a time frame for a trip to the peninsula.  Can't leave home for a week and hopefully there will be a couple snow drops in that time. Main thing is getting into motels and gas stations.  Going to be there for 4 days with one group and 3 or 4 days with another. Stay by myself if the second group can't make it. Be safe. No the first group dropped out. So I will be there Saturday or Sunday by my self. If anyone needs a end of the pack rider let me know. I have a new sled and have rode many miles in Quebec.