2018 Riviere du Loup Trail Conditions/Gossip/Tidbits

mikerider

From the club house on 5, I take 553 down to 35 (you have to look for this 553 at the club house, it is a plowed road just below the gas pump,,,then when you get to 35, go west and take a left onto trail to St Pamphile (comes right out at club house/gold course. I like 557 leaving the St P club house, comes out further east on 35.  Gas at 95 mile mark just before st P on side trail, well marked.    Only thing to note, is leaving hotel, take right at top of hill onto 526 west and when you go thru two tunnels, it isn't groomed last 1/10 mile to tunnels, and one tunnel you ride stream bed for 40 feet, (boards missing) but easy to get thru.  526 becomes a different trail number eventually, and at about the 25 mile mark meets up with trail 5. This is a huge short cut.

mike

St. Pamphile loop today, awesome conditions and trails. Quite warm upon return to hotel, but everything away from town has some elevation and it was much cooler/below freezing and like midwinter but without the brutal cold.

mike

IMG_0192.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0193.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

What a blast. Primo trails for 180 RDL miles. Everything is flat flat flat. ☺️

Yes we took the famed MR Cutoff and it is slick as hell. 😎

In the bar for 1 then change up for dinner and hit it tommorow ! We will look for you Mike !

Edited by EastMark

Apparently there are too many mouse lovers on QR or my writing skills and story telling are pretty bad. All mouse tales have been deleted.  Thanks for the honest feedback. I will stick with trail reports only.

mike

Edited by mikerider
poor response

Hoping to get my writing career off the ground. All this sledding day after day now that I am retired is getting to me.

Snowdog, I should be here Friday, would be good to meet up.

Today's pic of me and the mice:

IMG_0198.JPG

Edited by mikerider

Someone on another forum asked about entering QC from Eustis or Jackman, Maine where they can get a one day permit before entering Canada. I seem to have heard one can no longer ride free to the first club house to get their day permit. Anyone know the latest rule or where in Jackman or Eustis to go?