January trip

Twin600

Looking for some feedback. We will be doing a 6 day tour leaving Cross point (Gaspesie) Wednesday Jan.17 heading north to Baie-Comeau. From there we'll head down towards Quebec city to cross back over to the south side then back up towards Gaspesie. I am not familiar with the section from Tadoussac down to Quebec city. Are there any trails to avoid? Some sections not to miss? TQ3 vs. 378? Any trail closures or conditions we should know? We will be staying at the manoir richelieu on the way through that area. Thanks for any info provided!

On 1/10/2018 at 10:35 AM, iceman said:

That trail was closed last year to Ice.

where there’s a will there’s a way.

hint....Quad Trail. 

And there is an App for the quad trails too, just like the imotoneige one.

GutZ

So we could make a game out of that, IF he knows the official locations (where he has planted them, ie... Antarctica does not count), whoever collects the most pictures with locations wins "Something"?

This is seeming more and more complex the more I think about.

GutZ

On 1/9/2018 at 11:00 AM, Twin600 said:

Looking for some feedback. We will be doing a 6 day tour leaving Cross point (Gaspesie) Wednesday Jan.17 heading north to Baie-Comeau. From there we'll head down towards Quebec city to cross back over to the south side then back up towards Gaspesie. I am not familiar with the section from Tadoussac down to Quebec city. Are there any trails to avoid? Some sections not to miss? TQ3 vs. 378? Any trail closures or conditions we should know? We will be staying at the manoir richelieu on the way through that area. Thanks for any info provided!

I will offer one very key piece of advice Do NOT cross through Quebec City during a weekend!!  Plan your trip that if you are crossing on a weekend make it on the boat, traffic around the city on the weekends is usually brutal.