Village Grande near Cap Chat

PMAC

23 hours ago, PMAC said:

Considering going to stay at this Lodge .Wondering how far is it off tq5 and is it well marked.And has anyone been through the 595 as I am leaving from Cross Point.Thanks

its about 7 miles off tq 5 ... .trail is usually quite good. always seem not interested when you call and ask about rooms . stayed there once and cabin was very nice . I wont go there again. but that just me.

1 hour ago, eddieskidoo said:

its about 7 miles off tq 5 ... .trail is usually quite good. always seem not interested when you call and ask about rooms . stayed there once and cabin was very nice . I wont go there again. but that just me.

We did the same as you Eddie, feel the same way about a revisit. 

Hey guys how long ago did you stay there? I stayed there last year with a group of 8 and Linda had been there a couple of days before me and they really looked after us . There's a new owner and he claims he is really going after the snowmobile business in the winter and the  ATV business in the summer. 

1 hour ago, snowfarmer said:

Hey guys how long ago did you stay there? I stayed there last year with a group of 8 and Linda had been there a couple of days before me and they really looked after us . There's a new owner and he claims he is really going after the snowmobile business in the winter and the  ATV business in the summer. 

Snowfarmer, when I stayed there it was several years ago, so your updated info makes sense and would be much more accurate. Sounds like a new focus on the snowmobile industry has made a big difference. Thank you for that info RR

1 hour ago, doo4adoo said:

Did this have a different name before?

I am not sure it was actually called this but was often referred to as Relais Chic Chocs. 

I hope the new management Can draw sledders in, the last one certainly drove a lot away. 

2 minutes ago, smclelan said:

I am not sure it was actually called this but was often referred to as Relais Chic Chocs. 

I hope the new management Can draw sledders in, the last one certainly drove a lot away. 

Ok I thought so. Stayed some years back. Nice place. Went to stay in more recent years and couldn’t make reservation but said if i came within the year he would honour but I believe he sold before i could take them up on it

There is another place that’s up this way and they only cater to the “non” motorized types and that’s the Auberge de montagne des chic-chocs.  I was hoping Linda was going to chime in because she knows the guys name and the whole story as only she would!

Edited by snowfarmer

we visited there 2 yrs ago(just passing by) met the new owner , he was very friendly .I am going there to stay a few days , first week of march.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped today to check it out, great place people were friendly. Asked about the big church and so few residents and was told the village was built in the 1930's when the  stock market crash in the US affected the economy in Montreal and Quebec City. They built the villiage so people could live there and support themselves. At its peak there were over 1000 residents and the villiage was officially shut down around 1972. There are only about 10 residents there currently but the church does still get used. We were there today in a blizzard so no view of the Chic-Chics